Wind this weekend

Local weather resources and topics.

Will the wind blow anywhere this weekend?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:26 am

Yes! Godsey knows nothing.
60%
No, I'm staying home.
40%

Total votes: 5

davewsail
Regular
Regular
Wind this weekend

Post by davewsail » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:26 am

Well Rich hasn't posted anything yet so I figured I'd post the NWS forecast and say how crappy the wind is shaping up for this weekend...

I'm going to stay home and think everyone else should too since we are sure to get skunked :wink: . This is my official sacrifice to the wind gods since Godsey isn't showing any love in his forecast.

SAN FRANCISCO SAN PABLO SUISUN BAY AND THE WEST DELTA- 305 AM PDT THU AUG 23 2007 ...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM PDT THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH THIS EVENING...
.TODAY...W WINDS 5 TO 15 KT INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON.
.TONIGHT...W WINDS 15 TO 25 KT DECREASING TO 5 TO 15 KT OVERNIGHT.
.FRI...W WINDS 5 TO 15 KT INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON.
.FRI NIGHT...W WINDS 15 TO 25 KT DECREASING 5 TO 10 KT OVERNIGHT. PATCHY FOG.
.SAT THROUGH MON...W WINDS 5 TO 10 KT INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. PATCHY FOG.
Team rider for Sheldon Kiteboarding and North

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:35 am

15 mph doesn't do us much good, does it.

The NWS forecast for the next couple of days for Sacramento pretty much directly contradicts the marine forecast. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

The long term forecast is for really hot weather in the valley, with a slight cool down sometime during the weekend. Sometimes that shuts down the Delta Breeze, other times not. Depends on the fog, I guess.
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

CdoG
Old School
Old School

Check this one out

Post by CdoG » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:01 pm

glad i hit it today....!

but...
Who, knoWs...what the weekEnD brinGs...?
Fun, FuNNy, Far out... Weather for aug 23..

SAN FRANCISCO SAN PABLO SUISUN BAY AND THE WEST DELTA- 419 PM PDT THU AUG 23 2007

..GALE WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM PDT THIS EVENING...

.TONIGHT...S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT...WITH GUSTS OVER 40 KT NORTH OF THE BAY BRIDGE THIS EVENING. WINDS DECREASING TO S 10 TO 20 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT.

.FRI...W WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON.

.FRI NIGHT...SW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT. PATCHY FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT.
.SAT...SW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. PATCHY FOG. .SAT NIGHT...SW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT.

.SUN...SW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT.
.MON AND TUE...SW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT.

so did you hit it today...?

Proparoo
Regular
Regular

Post by Proparoo » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:05 pm

OK Ok,,,

Here goes...

I feel today was the official "bursting of the bubble" and I will stick my lil neck out and say it will be another good weekend at Sherman. I don't expect the Sac. heat (as it will be under 100) to shut down the Delta and though they downgraded it from 15 to 25 every afternoon, www,weather.com is calling for wind through the period. As always I use the Fairfeild forecast http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/b ... v_business

In addition they are calling for a slight cooling trend in Sacramento with it getting down to a mear 93 on Sunday
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/b ... v_business

SO I predict we will have wind and we will continue to have it windy every single weekend of the entire Summer season....

But I'm with Dave, and I will stay home all weekend as everyone know's it never blows at Sherman and the Season is officially over (right Rev..)

GO SHERMAN (now if we can only get some snow this winter.)
Rich "ATOM" Baum

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:59 pm

We are in a good pattern. Sherman was SOOO sweet today, like July last year. Like Rich said, 93 on Sunday is still enough to pull in the cool air. Next week it's going to get hot again in the valley, but hopefully just hot enough to keep the wind machine going and not so hot to shut Sherman down.

We could have a real nice Indian summer in September this year if this summer pattern continues.
Paul
aka Pablito

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:46 pm

Well, part of the prerequisite for eing a weathermanis to be able to get the weather right 50% of the time. So if he can do that, then i guess he isnt full of it. Being a weatherman is like answering "C" on all your multiple choice questions.

CdoG
Old School
Old School

FoG..

Post by CdoG » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:26 am

pauls HeAt and my Fog... sounds like a party!
i guess ill have to check out the
TuLes this weekend..
after i play north of the bay bridge.
http://sat.wrh.noaa.gov/satellite/satlo ... fog&size=2

and an update....

SAN FRANCISCO SAN PABLO SUISUN BAY AND THE WEST DELTA- 237 AM PDT FRI AUG 24 2007
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS EVENING...
.TODAY...SW WINDS 15 TO 30 KT...STRONGEST NORTH OF THE BAY BRIDGE. .TONIGHT...SW WINDS 15 TO 30 KT.
..STRONGEST NORTH OF THE BAY BRIDGE. WIND DECREASING TO 10 TO 20 KT OVERNIGHT. PATCHY FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT.

.SAT...SW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. PATCHY FOG IN THE MORNING. .SAT NIGHT...SW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT DECREASING TO 5 TO 15 KT OVERNIGHT.
.SUN THROUGH TUE...SW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING.

Proparoo
Regular
Regular

Post by Proparoo » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:47 am

It's blowing 25 on marker 12 and Fairfield is reading 28 gusting to 32...

Looks like today is the day but it could be like this all weekend..

We will see /// (oh, I forgot, I won't be there, I will be with Dave in Hot & Stinky Sacatomato all weekend...)
Rich "ATOM" Baum

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:29 am

Great timing for the weekend! We had some heat earlier this week, then a bit of a cool-down and fog. The Bay was great yesterday, but this is a great setup for a good weekend at Sherman, of which there will be some good ones left. 8)

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:47 am

Looks like we're going to have July in August for the next week or more, unless it gets too hot in the Bay.
Paul
aka Pablito