Wind this weekend

Local weather resources and topics.

Will the wind blow anywhere this weekend?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:26 am

Yes! Godsey knows nothing.
60%
No, I'm staying home.
40%

Total votes: 5

CdoG
Old School
Old School

Post by CdoG » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:41 pm

no,
i want to put up MORE bouys..
so you ALL know ...
were to stay out oF.
O, and
yuRi..
it wasent huGe..
it was ..
Stuiped.

the point is..
shiT happendS.
stay out side the BouyS.

adamrod
Old School
Old School

Post by adamrod » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:08 pm

it bothers me how all the new gear comes out at the END of the season. why can't it come out at the beginning? Sometimes I wish I lived in Australia...
Liquid Force Kites/Boards
ShredReady Helmets

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:03 pm

Seems obvious to me. Everyone sits around wishing it was windy and since they can't ride, they buy new gear. They don't get to try it, so they just go on reviews and such, and then....

next season, once they ride their new kite and start demoing others, they end up liking something else better and buying MORE new gear. I know more than one person who bought two new sets of kites in the last 12 months.

The same type of kiter who feels like they are saving money by selling their gear early in the season and getting newer stuff. :wink:
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

dakine1
Regular
Regular

Post by dakine1 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:58 pm

What are you trying to say paul??? Trying to stay on top of the tech is gay??? Why are your posts so negative all the time??? Is your life that bad, that you need to f$#ck with every one elses program.. hope I am wrong...

ED/OUT 8)

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:02 pm

Yeah, I am pretty happy with my rhinos and might actually keep it this time. But at the same time, planning on getting half of what the kite was bought for and putting it towards new gear keeps things fresh and is somewhat exciting if you can afford it. I look at it as $1500-$2000/year for something i love more than anything so its worth it and i dont really care. But your point is true, basically it is easy to justify buying toys. Although I rode my 10 almost completely this year making me think there is no point in buying anything else. It really covers a perfect bay area range.

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:06 am

Ed, what's up with the hostility? I think it's great when people buy new gear and sell their "old" stuff for half price! That's how I get all my kites.

I'm sorry if my post pissed you off. Sometimes I just like to provide a different perspective than the "BUY THIS NEW KITE AND YOU WILL BE A BETTER KITER" message that is blasted at us all the time.

I don't buy into consumerism as a way to make myself happy; does that make me unhappy somehow?

Plus, I wasn't exactly hijacking the thread, since it was originally about the weather...
Paul
aka Pablito

kitecrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by kitecrazy » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:41 am

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/forecast/MapCli ... &map.y=140

Not looking to good from the NOAA. It'll be a big kite weekend.

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:40 pm

Go west. Don't you kite at Pismo?(that's what your signature says) It's blowing 18 there right now...

How's that for a positive post?
Paul
aka Pablito

kitecrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by kitecrazy » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:00 pm

Yea...but thats a long ass drive. I've done that drive about a million times since I went to Cal Poly. I'm over it. I'd rather go flying.