Heat wave coming

Local weather resources and topics.
Bulldog
Old School
Old School
Heat wave coming

Post by Bulldog » Mon May 28, 2007 8:37 pm

This is a public service announcement. I'm only making it in the interest of hoping to be proved dead wrong.

Forecasts are pointing to a week of nasty hot weather with nary a breath of wind for most of us (Chrissy kiters: you guys can talk on your CG-certified radios about how great it is). It starts off bad and gets worse as a system works up from SoCal next weekend and turns Norcal into a humid mess.

But hey, look on the bright side, at least we got a windy holiday weekend... Again, I hope they're wrong. If not, see ya at Pt. Emerito or Chrissy next weekend:)
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

narly1
Regular
Regular

Post by narly1 » Tue May 29, 2007 6:46 am

hey paul
i cant wait to see kite pt joLLy
here my forcaste
issuied today

SAN FRANCISCO SAN PABLO SUISUN BAY AND THE WEST DELTA- 332 AM PDT TUE MAY 29 2007 ...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS EVENING...
.TODAY...SW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT...EXCEPT SW 5 TO 10 KT SOUTH OF THE BAY BRIDGE IN THE MORNING. PATCHY MORNING
FOG. .TONIGHT...SW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT...DECREASING TO 5 TO 15 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. PATCHY FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT.

.WED...SW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. PATCHY MORNING FOG. .WED NIGHT...SW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT...DECREASING TO SW 5 TO 15 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. PATCHY FOG. .

THU...SW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...INCREASING TO 10 TO 20 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. PATCHY FOG. .FRI...SW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...INCREASING TO 10 TO 20 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. PATCHY FOG.
.SAT...SW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. PATCHY FOG.

i keep seeing the F word.... FoG

and S.I, reading 27 avg right NoW
crowds gone..?
Narly1

Proparoo
Regular
Regular

Post by Proparoo » Tue May 29, 2007 7:03 am

I must say, after I launched my kite up wind of Sherman yesterday around 11am only to have it fall from the sky (16m mind you) I was expecting a long week of no wind, but it really picked up later and the forecast now looks good all week with the best wind next Sunday (another windy weekend at Sherman?)

The windtalker is 24 avr. right now!

Things change..... cross your fingers...
Rich "ATOM" Baum

zgur
Resident
Resident

foecast

Post by zgur » Tue May 29, 2007 8:29 am

while the smart boys in front of computers are telling me that it's not gonna blow, it's blowing, what's up with that???

Yes, the crowds are gone, left on Monday am.....the water was empty for the afternoon session, and the wind was the best thermal 12/10m wind of the whole weekend......warm, steady, flat and tasty......ohhh, yeah, can I please have another?

Get some, Z.

dakine1
Regular
Regular

Post by dakine1 » Tue May 29, 2007 8:54 am

Z,

You were so right on the call... Classic Sherman.... Thanks for making me hang wit ya... Rode till I could not hang on anymore.. Can't wait for the next sesh..

ED/DEB OUT 8)

zgur
Resident
Resident

Word

Post by zgur » Tue May 29, 2007 10:16 am

Eddie - you totally rule. Thanks for trecking to ho chi mihn trail to help me cleam up after one of my many swims....you are great people brother......it was really fun riding w/you and your wife, looking forward to the next time......

paparoo - I'm going to give you some advice, which you are of course free to ignore at will...........when the folks who ride sherm a lot, like my wife for instance, are no longer flying kites, it's not because they dont' want to, it's cause the conditions are less then optimal.....when it's light AND flooding, you are better off doing some key gear maintenance, or taking care of your body by stretching.....are you w/me?

Thanks to all the brothers - Gabe, Curt, Michelle, pAir - who made the pre-requisite wind sacrifice. It worked.

Get some, Z.

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Tue May 29, 2007 4:50 pm

I just hope they keep being wrong! Looks like today was mighty fun at SI.
Paul
aka Pablito

narly1
Regular
Regular

Post by narly1 » Tue May 29, 2007 5:59 pm

cool paul,
can ya bust a forcaste for ,...just kidding..
hey look at the FoG
http://sat.wrh.noaa.gov/satellite/satlo ... vis&size=1
posted at 6.oclock.
Narly1

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Tue May 29, 2007 7:58 pm

I'm missing the first great sunset sesh of the year at Sherman (my style, anyway). 31 mph at 8 pm. Screw the mellow stuff.

I want to be lit on my 9. Hope it holds until tomorrow night.
Paul
aka Pablito

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue May 29, 2007 10:03 pm

This last weekend was great from when we got there Friday at noon through Sunday - killer riding, body sore and tired, light morning and midday wind Monday was not a worry, most of us had to get going and lay up in the afternoon at home and rest a bit anyway.

Today, however, brought a convenient excuse to get out that way to help a friend and was rewarded by a very well-powered throw-down session with us on 7's with only one other kite on the water. Siiiiicccckkkkk! =D>