Gary Bronson's little forecasting secret...

Local weather resources and topics.
KillaHz
Resident
Resident
Gary Bronson's little forecasting secret...

Post by KillaHz » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:36 am

OK...just too good not to share. This report may not get you the epic sessions that I tend to score when things get iffy but it will definitely give you a bit more ammo to help make the call. This site forecasts both wind and waves. I suggest taking some time to really investigate their site as if you dig deep, you will find that they provide pretty much all the wind and swell info that is available. Right down to a spectral map of the swell, it's direction, period and size.

Bookmark www.wetsand.com

On a side note, if anyone is intersted in reading some interesting tid-bits about the upcoming winter both in our ocean and the Atlantic, check out Wetsands "State of the Surf" at http://www.wavecast.com/stateofsurf/

It's really an interesting read.

Anyway, thought I'd share. If this report does get you to one of my epic coastal sessions and you see me out there, I only ask one thing in thanks for helping to get you there. Keep your kite low and your head high. Kiting in the waves is a whole notha trip....watch what's going on out there until you get it...then go out and rip that lip.

See you there.

GB
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:29 am

Gary is obviously the "late-night" alter ego! Good link GB.
Go bigga'

narly1
Regular
Regular

Post by narly1 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:31 am

me too, thanks for the way cool links.
Narly1

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:39 am

Charlie-- did you go to the party after the coastal festivities yesterday? Fun, eh? Good2cUiNdALineUp!
Go bigga'

narly1
Regular
Regular

Post by narly1 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:45 am

no party for charliE..
i did it with you in the line up yesterday.
you were the bright spot in my day yesterday dave, thanks for hold n my hand.
i got WaVeS, yaaaaa!
er.. or should i say iam just getting home frome the party..?
you all know thats a lie.

also ,as for forcasting i call Z.
Narly1

zgur
Resident
Resident

music to my ears

Post by zgur » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Mr. GB,

You are a kind soul to share the goods with your brothers and sisters....the karma will return in your direction....

I love when web sites talk dirty to me "...storms forming off the Kamchatka Peninsula will have a much better trajectory and swell angle for the California coast." let's go big macking northwest swells....we need some kelp clean up so that we can line up for the PIT better without hurting our directional boards.... ;-)

Get some, Z.

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Re: music to my ears

Post by KillaHz » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:52 pm

zgur wrote:Mr. GB,

You are a kind soul to share the goods with your brothers and sisters....the karma will return in your direction....

I love when web sites talk dirty to me "...storms forming off the Kamchatka Peninsula will have a much better trajectory and swell angle for the California coast." let's go big macking northwest swells....we need some kelp clean up so that we can line up for the PIT better without hurting our directional boards.... ;-)

Get some, Z.
That state of the surf bit is really a good read, eh? Things are looking pretty good this year on all fronts.

I've been using Wetsand for a while now but really just delved deep into their resources and was really impressed with the information gathering and analysis.
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

lacasaverde
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by lacasaverde » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:55 am

Okay gentlemen, help me out here. I'm jazzed on the idea of hitting the waves this winter, but am at a loss as to what to look for in the way of conditions. Please don't tell me to check ikitesurf. It ain't part of my resources. Thanks to all, and hope to see a few friendly faces at the coast. lg
It ain't easy being greene.

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:17 pm

Just wait for the Zeev-cast. It's a regular feature here for wind + waves and if he'd only pay for the gas we'd have it totally dialed (since it's about a 2-hour drive from 'Tioch!) You may get some on Old Man Ribba' this week though G!
Go bigga'