A bad day kiting is better then.... hum
anything else!
Mow the lawn for me,
L.M.G.

Sander
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Sander » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:25 am

Bulldog wrote:I'd rather be wrong and kiting than right and posting.

Dead at 1:30.
Pablo, you can't be surprised about the Sherman mid-day fade?

Proparoo
Regular
Regular

Post by Proparoo » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:22 pm

Well I hold my head up high !!!

Friday I got to Sherman and rigged my 11m GK Sonic and went out for 2 hrs. perfectly powered.

Sat. my wife woke up to a 4.2 session and I went back out on my 11m from 2 till 4 pm when I came in as it was a little lite.
My wife went out windsurfing from 6pm till 8pm on a 4.7 and I could have totally been out on my 11m again.

This morning my wife and I were both out on our 4.7m sails and we had a great time untill about 12pm and then it died...

Not a bad Sherman weekend over all...

The graph looked pretty good both Friday and Sat. and though the graph dipped down Sat. around 1pm, I was out rippin it up on my 11m....
Rich "ATOM" Baum

Proparoo
Regular
Regular

Post by Proparoo » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:36 pm

Do I dare start this again?

SAN FRANCISCO SAN PABLO SUISUN BAY AND THE WEST DELTA- 248 PM PDT WED AUG 30 2006 ...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY FOR WINDS REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM PDT THIS EVENING... ...

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY FOR WINDS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING... .

TONIGHT...SW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT...DECREASING TO 10 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. PATCHY FOG DEVELOPING. .

THU...W WINDS 5 KT...BECOMING SW 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. PATCHY MORNING FOG. .

THU NIGHT...W WINDS 10 TO 20 KT...BECOMING SW 10 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. PATCHY FOG. .

FRI...W WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING SW 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON.PATCHY MORNING FOG. .

FRI NIGHT...W WINDS 15 TO 25 KT...BECOMING SW 5 TO 10 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. PATCHY FOG. .

SAT...W TO SW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT BECOMING 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. PATCHY NIGHT AND MORNING FOG. .

SUN AND LABOR DAY...SW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT EACH AFTERNOON. PATCHY NIGHT AND MORNING FOG.
Rich "ATOM" Baum

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:15 pm

North wind in the North Valley killed off the gradient today. Probably tomorrow, too. Friday the flow goes onshore again (NWS Sacto) and hopefully Sherman turns back on for the weekend. Curious, though, that Ikite is doubting whether or not the trough will actually make it ashore.

Wind at Sherman yesterday was more like spring than summer -- up and down all afternoon from 15 to 30. Nothing thermal about it. Totally different than the weekend wind. Still fun kiting.
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

Proparoo
Regular
Regular

Post by Proparoo » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:46 am

Paul,

I gave up on IWindsurf forcasts years ago... once Mike started forcasting 7 days out...

I think we will have a good Friday to Monday.

I have a "Hall Pass" for Friday so I will be down regardless of whe wind...

See ya...
Rich "ATOM" Baum

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:36 am

Yeah, well remember that the marine forecast you posted yesterday was forecasting 15-25 W for today (actually, it still is), and instead we have north wind in the valley and offshore winds in the Bay. It's even blowing offshore at some of the buoy.

In my personal weather experience, N winds in the valley usually stick around for 3 days, although on the third day down at Sherman it sometimes flips around to the west.

Right now they are still downplaying the N wind event, and calling for onshore flow to come back tomorrow. I hope they're right, cuz
North wind makes me cranky. Especially since I was hoping to kite today.
Paul
aka Pablito

narly1
Regular
Regular

Post by narly1 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:08 pm

Narly1

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:46 pm

I would love to go up to Sherman to start my stay Friday... :)

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:59 pm

I drove through Rio Vista on my way back from south in the valley today around 5 pm, and almost all of the big windmills were stopped. It was a little creepy. 100 degrees and dead calm.

Hopefully tomorrow will be the switcharoo day, but it sounds like the real push won't come until Saturday night/Sunday.

I guess you guys still got plenty o'wind in the Bay today. Maybe if you do lots of kiteloops, you'll push some of that cool air our direction. :roll:
Paul
aka Pablito