Local weather resources and topics.
In my experience, you guys know more than he does about wind at the delta. I was planning on driving to RVista to retrieve my kite from Sheldon anyway. Do you think it'll be 12m weather or no?
I'm prob. going either way, but would love some good news.
mike has been at this longer then me and Z
i feel samething..
you can get a pop,
a push.. to fade.?
but it can not keep BloW N all then time ....?
3 days.. seems to be a.... (look at number)..tel
id say you have a SMAlL chance at an am thing .....FoG dependent, too much its over...
afternoon... is ... like... ahh..
7percent chance of kite abul wind ..bUt tide could be a facter...
if you think about it like your going to get your kite....maybe you can get a small ride...?
Mike may have been doing it longer, but you guy's are more spot specific. Also you guy's look outside and don't just depend on the models. I'll take the bro report over the ikite report any day!!!!
Last night I came in on my 10 at Sherman around 7 because I was getting picked up off the water.
Brett was pumping his 9 and I suggested he pump the 7 instead. I launched him and then had to grap him to keep him from getting dragged down the beach. I helped him get to the water -- he could barely walk -- and confirmed that he wanted to still go out. He got onto his board, got about 200 ft (just past the second beach, thank god) then got lofted off his board and thrown about 100 ft. downwind. He bailed out by the windsurfer parking lot.
Back at the beach, a guy had his 12 pumped up and asked me to launch him. I said no way. He was kinda pissed at me, but noone else was there to launch him. He was watching his friend out on a 10 (he said he always rode a 12 when his friend was on a 10) doing okay.
Ten minutes later, it was nuking and everyone was coming in. He thanked me for not launching him. He wouldn't have even made it off the beach.
Point is, if you check the graph for Sherman around that time yesterday, it never read 30. This morning it's over 30 on the high end. I hope noone tries to launch their 12 today unless they've got someone heavy to hold them down on the beach.
It is NUKING out here right now. No kites on the water, to damn cold. Ha Ha. Watching some young pro windsurfers out here killing it. Hope it backs off a little. Think Dave could hang on to the 10 m he never uses. See ya on the water.
It's a tough call, with all this weather approaching us from the NW....looks more like winter then spring/summer pattern.....I can tell you that powder will fall in the hills.....maybe some waves on the back side ;-)
Kiting will be back to fall/winter pattern until we get into the clearing cycle......yes you will get wind, but it won't be steady or very predictable, or warm.
I'm with Charlie about giving respect to the ikite forecast team - they do a great job. I am just a humble rookie hack who tries to comprehend the data.......
Get some, Z.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests