New Season is almost here!

Local weather resources and topics.
windhorny
Old School
Old School
New Season is almost here!

Post by windhorny » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:40 am

The season is right around the corner, mayhem will start! If you know anyone at the beach that is not on this site, please tell them to sign up here at https://www.bayareakiteboarding.com. If everyone is on the same site we will be able to ensure everyone has the current info on rules, guideline changes, weather, lost and found, and any events that may come up. When the nice weather comes the beach is going to get packed with people along with alot of families. This will help inform every kiter of rules we have implemented on ourselves to keep the city out of our hair. All it takes is one uninformed person to make an error and we all have to pay. Help spread the word!

Yuri

VanSimms
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by VanSimms » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:00 pm

Speaking of new season, when does the weather usually shift for storm winds to spring winds?
-Evan
If in doubt, do it.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:46 pm

Soon
Dewey

VanSimms
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by VanSimms » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:48 pm

Its hailing right now at my house, and I just heard thunder so I'm not so sure.
Hopefully you prove me wrong.
-Evan
If in doubt, do it.

panzerfaust
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by panzerfaust » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:04 pm

i don't think he meant soon as in tomorrow :)

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Re: New Season is almost here!

Post by OliverG » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:43 pm

Yuri,

Thanks for the post and suggestion to those who may be new and entering the sport, or simply those who don't know. What you mention has been one of the primary goals of the site, so if everyone is kept informed the sport benefits and that is good news for all of us.

Ollie
windhorny wrote:The season is right around the corner, mayhem will start! If you know anyone at the beach that is not on this site, please tell them to sign up here at https://www.bayareakiteboarding.com. If everyone is on the same site we will be able to ensure everyone has the current info on rules, guideline changes, weather, lost and found, and any events that may come up. When the nice weather comes the beach is going to get packed with people along with alot of families. This will help inform every kiter of rules we have implemented on ourselves to keep the city out of our hair. All it takes is one uninformed person to make an error and we all have to pay. Help spread the word!

Yuri

gomez72
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by gomez72 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:53 pm

You go boy, you are pro active.
We need that.

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:39 pm

It was snowing on my truck today at 6 pm. 153 ft. above sea level.

Should make for a good March in the Sierra, though.
Paul

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:51 pm

Robert,

I went out on the TD after you left. I broke the fucking thing! It would have broke me if it werent a bow kite. A wierd wind stalled my kite and it powered up right down wind and i was walking out to the water when it happened. i was a little scared but i let the bar all the way out right as it powered up and I didnt slide but 3 feet. So basically a bridle line snapped! So you were right, I probably should have taken your advise and kept my toy in the bag.

Y

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:57 am

Better the kite than you.

Speaking of being careful: Any newbie reading this post should know that the only really safe thing to do when your kite luffs (falls out of the sky) when you're on land or close to land is to bail out -- pull your safety. Trying to steer or control your kite out of it is a good way to break something (kite or bones).,
Paul