slow cook forcast

Local weather resources and topics.
andyandmarlys
Regular
Regular

Post by andyandmarlys » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:42 pm

Not a bad day at all today... I didn't get cold while out there... Just a 4/3 wetsuit and some booties.. My head did get cold when crashing into the water.. but that was only for a minute... Othewise, totally worth it.. Up and down winds but I suspect it averaged out to 14-15mph.... I am loving my new kite, but hate inversions... I spent some time trying to figure out how to prevent them and get out of them in the shallow water... I think they can be prevented with just a slight amount of rear line tension... takes some tuning, but if you set the stopper ball so that the kite barely says in the air, when you let go and it hits the water, it will prevent inversion.. On the other hand, if you let the bar go all the way to the extreme depower, when the kite hits the water there is a good chance of an inversion... On another note, I found that the kite is controllable while inverted... I could probably even ride the kite in inverted to the beach... probably not good for the kite though...

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:44 pm

I'm surprised. The graph looked weak so I didn't bother. What am I missing about the conditions as reported on iW versus on the water?

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:57 pm

Check the Sherman meter from 2 pm until 6 pm. Flat out 20 mph, almost no up and down.

I know the launch is messed up, but is there any some other way to get into the water this time of year?

Ollie, if OB has the only wind tomorrow (NW) are you going to head out there?
Paul

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:59 am

Probably no OB session for me today...

jowall
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by jowall » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:03 am

4 kites @ Crissy yesterday in about 20 mph winds. No boats on the water. I was the last one out and had an extremely brief session due to parental duties but I'll take it. Alameda was probably the call.

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:58 am

No OB wind = no OB kiting.
Paul