Sorry Gabe

Local weather resources and topics.
charlie
Old School
Old School
Sorry Gabe

Post by charlie » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:22 pm

sorry gabe i got to bust ya
i was not speed reaching to run product up there ...
i was trying to get product back down.
you all got SoME thing up there in coillnsvilla.
i like it . i want it . its good.
you knoe i no, so let it go .
charlie

bdawg
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by bdawg » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:57 pm

Charlie,
Keep up the good work. With eyes likethat they will have to start putting a big bra over the kite like they do when they test new cars in detroit. Charlie can you spill some more details?

Blair

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:01 pm

bdawg
did you say spell or spill
owell i cant do eather.

what i can tell ya is there is much better wind up there ,and lots of it .differnt water ,big swell little swell no swell
rollers after a ships comes buy, and i guess lots of north kiters?
Last edited by charlie on Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
charlie

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:07 pm

What I want to know is, is there anywhere to launch in Collinsville. For me it would be about 30 minutes closer than going to Sherman. I could downwind it on the flood to the SI, play around, hang by the beach for a while, then head back upwind on the ebb. An hour less driving=an hour more kiting.

Dewey, you ever check out Cville for launching possibilities? Heck, it's probably like 15 minutes from your house.

Lord knows we could use another good launch site in the Delta on the weekends. I know Bdawg thinks so...Course, for you Sacto boys it would be just as far as going to SI.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:11 pm

Pablito wrote:What I want to know is, is there anywhere to launch in Collinsville. For me it would be about 30 minutes closer than going to Sherman. I could downwind it on the flood to the SI, play around, hang by the beach for a while, then head back upwind on the ebb. An hour less driving=an hour more kiting.

Dewey, you ever check out Cville for launching possibilities? Heck, it's probably like 15 minutes from your house.

Lord knows we could use another good launch site in the Delta on the weekends. I know Bdawg thinks so...Course, for you Sacto boys it would be just as far as going to SI.
Sorry Paul I just say no to drugs!!! :shock:

Really I don't even know where Collinsville is. Is it close to Fairfield. I'd love to save on gas. Maybe we could do a downwinder!!!

Dewey
Dewey

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:34 pm

To get there you turn off Hwy. 12 about halfway to Rio Vista and drive straight towards the river. There's a sign that says "Birds Landing, 5 miles," Collinsville, 10 miles", or something like that. Don't remember the name of the road. It's near the Railroad Museum.

I've been meaning to check it out one of these days to see if there's anywhere to launch. I went there once about 10 years ago on a bike ride, so I don't remember what the waterfront is like. I do remember that the road basically ends at the river, so I'm sure you can get to the water one way or the other.

Next time I go to Sherman and get shut down, I will check it out. Other option would be to do an upwinder, maybe on Sunday, and check it out that way. I haven't wanted to do it solo. It could be an adventure. Let's talk on the beach.

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:38 pm

Pablito wrote:To get there you turn off Hwy. 12 about halfway to Rio Vista and drive straight towards the river. There's a sign that says "Birds Landing, 5 miles," Collinsville, 10 miles", or something like that. Don't remember the name of the road. It's near the Railroad Museum.

I've been meaning to check it out one of these days to see if there's anywhere to launch. I went there once about 10 years ago on a bike ride, so I don't remember what the waterfront is like. I do remember that the road basically ends at the river, so I'm sure you can get to the water one way or the other.

Next time I go to Sherman and get shut down, I will check it out. Other option would be to do an upwinder, maybe on Sunday, and check it out that way. I haven't wanted to do it solo. It could be an adventure. Let's talk on the beach.
Don't waist your time drivin to Collinsville. The only public access is a windshadowed levy. And I'm not even sure it's really public. I have been up there to see if there was a launch and there definitely is not.
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:30 am

marsh and mud

best way to get there .... go the hard way or.....

get gabe to drop ya off!
charlie

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:24 pm

That's right Gabes got h2o transportation........taxi anyone???

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:43 pm

Damn! Well, I figured if it was launchable, someone would be launching there already, but that doesn't mean they'd be talking about it... I figured Gabe had already checked it out and was keeping it to himself. Hmmm. Maybe he just doesn't want anyone finding his secret "stash".

There are so many sandy beaches on the north side of the River, but they're all on private property. :cry:

Still, that upwinder idea sounds fun.