Tired of Insane Kite prices?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
marin
Contributor
Contributor

Post by marin » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:22 pm

Jowall,
sorry for the confussion on the Rage II kite sizes. I have the 10, 12, and 17m kites. I weigh about 195lbs and last year I rode 10, 12's and 16s Naish Aero 2's in the bay area. These were good sizes for me.

I will be trying out the rage II's next week in Baja. When I am back I will give a full report. I this is my second season so I certainly will not be able to give as complete a review as many, but I will express my impressions as best as I can.
-marin :)

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:03 am

jowall wrote:I plan on ordering a quiver before the deal ends (although I really guess that it will be reinstated sometime down the road).

I'm a beginner as my first 2 lesssons were at the very end of last season. In the RageII lineup, a couple of you spread your choices as 9, 12, 17, however on the Windwing site there are only 8 & 10s (no 9s).

Since I'll be @ Alameda for the a bunch of learner sessions, does it seem silly to buy an 8 meter kite? Perhaps 10,14,17 makes more sense.

Any suggestions??

John
John,

As Marin posted, he and a couple other guys have them on order and should receive them soon. No one knows yet, but they should perform well amd be good kites. Unless you're planning to kite Sherman Island or the Coast much this season, you don't need an 8m, I would say. 10,14 and 17 makes more sense as you mentioned. Now that the Best 3 for 2 deal is not in effect, it makes sense to go with Windwing, certainly from a financial perspective.

Ollie

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Re: Tired of Insane Kite prices?

Post by pipedragon » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:25 pm

NEKiter wrote:I have been kiting for 2 years now and have spent thousands of dollars on kites that are worth 20% of their orginal cost only 12 months later. Three weeks agp I purchased 3 Brand new kites (05 Windwing Outrages 17m 14m 12m for 1600.00 usd.. I thought that with a deal like this the kites would be 3 year old technology. However, I was gladly mistaken. The kites came with relaunch system (4 lines only not 5) a state of the art S.A.F.E. system which totally depowers the kite. I flew the kite and found that the lift was phenomenal, it turned on a dime, and flew extemely well in gusty conditions. Because of the relaunch system I am going to use them in the winter for snow kiting. I thought about buying a 04 14m Frenzy for $1400 but found out about this deal and bought three kites instead for only S200 more. With these kites I can use them year round. I did notice thought that the Windwing sale is only good until Jan 1 05. I'm not sure what the price will be after that. Ride on.
Did they fix the nozels. Last year they had the stopper ball in them and they were a pain to deflate.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:53 pm

Pipedragon, did you get a chance to fly one last year. I know that I saw a couple flying at Alameda. What do you think of how they fly??
Dewey

Nekite

Stopper Balls

Post by Nekite » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:54 am

They did fix the problem. On my kites last year I had to take a pair of needle nose vice-grips and pull them out. What a pain.