Los Barriles Baja recommendations

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
marin
Contributor
Contributor
Los Barriles Baja recommendations

Post by marin » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:16 am

I am going to try and get down to Los Barriles Baja to kite in mid January. Can any of you provide recommendations on where to stay, where to kite, and any other tips. I would love to stay someplace that was on the beach near where kiters launch and land. Any info would be helpful.

The only information I have really found on-line is the Vela deals.

bdawg
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by bdawg » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:34 pm

marin,

I was in baja over thanksgiving. We drove from cabo to la ventana. We passed through los barriles. It appears to be more upscale and bigger community than la ventana. When we passed through we only saw one kite on the water. Definely less crowds at L.B. Maybe someone could answer my question re: L.B. who has kited there. There were a bunch of boats moored to bouys out in the water. Is this where you kite? (the one person we saw out there was kiting near the boats).

I'm just sharing my experiences.

Blair

Live2KITE
Regular
Regular

Post by Live2KITE » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:42 pm

We are heading to Los Barilles from 28th of Dec. to Jan. 5th. We will come back with wealth of info for you.
The launch is aprx. 1 mile north of the town. It usually gets lighter winds than La Ventana, but still kiteable.
We will be testing the new 2005 RRD Type 6 and Type Wave as well as The 2005 LF SpectrumII, 2005 Caution SpitfireII and a bunch of boards from RRD, LF and Caution. More reports will be available soon.
Happy Holidays,
Live2KITE