Hello G, what happened to the political commentary?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
fearlu
Resident
Resident
Hello G, what happened to the political commentary?

Post by fearlu » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:25 am

Since there is no wind, I sort of miss the political diversion. Did the GOP threaten you? Perhaps a casualty of the "Patriot" Act? Is Ashcroft hiding in a white van (outside your front door) monitoring your digital behavior? :mrgreen:
Go bigga'

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:36 am

I'd be happy to re-instate it! I just thought that maybe it was a little off-topic. But, believe me, if I can embark on an outreach program to make a difference in even one or two people, I will. Ashcroft is outside my door, but luckily he resigned, so he no longer has any authority.

But to put things into perspective, hopefully most of the visitors to this site would be fairly like-minded, which is good, but I did just respond to a post about Veterans Day in the Gen. forum on iKite which I didn't agree with at all. And I thought it was off-topic and out of place. Partly because I know iKite tends to be pretty heavy-handed in its moderating of the forum, but also because I didn't agree with it one bit and thought the poster was a real jackass.

So, is it OK as long it's material I agree with? I tend to think I'd be open-minded and keep it an open forum if others had differing opinions. But I'd be happy to reinstate it because I say, "F**k the GOP!" :butthead: