Crissy field tides

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
al-kite-a
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by al-kite-a » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:31 am

Hey Chris, update your sig. image link, it's not showing up...
Changing hosting companies. Just have not gotten to all the "extra" stuff yet.

Stefaans
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Stefaans » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:09 am

Dont understand where you get your info from. The tide charts you are looking at must be bad, should start ebbing around 5 so definately worth going.

Endlestorm
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Endlestorm » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:08 am

I look at the iKite tide chart. The current graph looks like slack is at 7:00, but the table says 5:54, which makes more sense based on what I saw yesterday. Is this accurate?

Stefaans
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Stefaans » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:48 am

Yes and also I think the tides are measured somewhere just outside the bridge so i normally deduct another hour from what ikite says and you more or less get what it is at Crissy. so ebb should begin at Crissy at 5 today. Should check it out today so we can confirm this.

Endlestorm
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Endlestorm » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:08 pm

See you there...

marin
Contributor
Contributor

Post by marin » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:33 pm

Endlestorm wrote:I look at the iKite tide chart. The current graph looks like slack is at 7:00, but the table says 5:54, which makes more sense based on what I saw yesterday. Is this accurate?
I think ikitesurf has had a problem since DST kicked in. The flood/ebb table does not match the times listed on the chart. Based on using http://wolfweb.unr.edu/homepage/edc/tid ... _fr08.html
I think that the ikitesurf table is off, but the times listed on the chart are correct.

marin
Contributor
Contributor

Post by marin » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:35 pm

Stefaans wrote:Yes and also I think the tides are measured somewhere just outside the bridge so i normally deduct another hour from what ikite says and you more or less get what it is at Crissy. so ebb should begin at Crissy at 5 today. Should check it out today so we can confirm this.
Stefaans. Thanks for the tip around deducting an hour. This seems to make sense based on the tide charts.

nathaniel_e
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Crissy field tides

Post by nathaniel_e » Sun May 25, 2014 8:06 pm

Is this still true? are the currents in the anita about an hour off than the actual? http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.i ... tion=Tides

Tony Soprano
Resident
Resident

Post by Tony Soprano » Sun May 25, 2014 8:49 pm

nathaniel_e wrote:Is this still true? are the currents in the anita about an hour off than the actual? http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.i ... tion=Tides
_+_+
The tide changes first along the shore line about an hour earlier than published and then spreads all across the bay.

The seven plus kite boarders that were rescued this afternoon found out just how harsh a flood current and side offshore wind is. oo**

nathaniel_e
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nathaniel_e » Sun May 25, 2014 11:13 pm

by the shore line - do you mean from the beach to about anita or even further into the bay.
I'm just wondering because I've been going out there a few times at different parts of the tide to experiment and it just always LOOKS like it's flooding even though sometimes it's significantly easier to shoot upwind and go beyond the bridge.