Whats up just had a quick question about alameda.

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Kolahi
Joey
Joey
Whats up just had a quick question about alameda.

Post by Kolahi » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:53 pm

Hey guys i just wanted to know how i get to the kitebeach in alameda, i'll be coming from berkeley. I really am not familiar with alameda much, i always just drive down to waddell(long drive) to kite, or 3rd ave, or once in a while sherman, and anyway i gotta meet a friend tommorow at crown beach but i cant really find great directions.

I'm seeing a bunch of those BAK stickers popping up all over at kitespots.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:55 am

It's easy to get to. From Berkeley you can get on the Hwy 24 at MLK near Childrens Hospital. You want to exit at Jackson St offramp near Jack London Square, which is the last exit before Hwy 24 merges into Hwy 880.

If you get on the Hwy 80 from Berkeley, take the 980 overpass to 24 to exit at Jackson.

Exit at Jackson, take a left at the light and go two blocks to 7th (I think) and turn left, go two blocks to Webster and turn left.

Go through Webster Tube and upon leaving tube veer to left onto Constitution Way. Head all the way down Constituion Way. It will turn into 8th at Lincoln veering slightly right. Keep heading down, down, down and you'll get to Crown Beach.

There's also a map here

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tm ... meda%2C+CA+

Did I send you any stickers?

Boardsports

Directions to Alameda

Post by Boardsports » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:21 pm

Although the directions are from the city, the details once you're in Alameda are perfect. This is what we give to our students who take lessons at the "Shack". These are also posted on our site at: www.boardsports.com

Have fun!

DIRECTIONS TO CROWN BEACH ALAMEDA

Crown Beach Memorial Park, Alameda
From San FranciscoÖ
ï Take the Bay Bridge (80 east) to 880 towards Alameda / San Jose
ï Get off the freeway at the Broadway/Alameda exit. Make a right at the first traffic light (5th Street). Stay to the right, follow the signs towards Alameda/Broadway, (look for the pink Gingerbread House Restaurant on the right hand side.).
ï Begin to move over into the left lane. Follow the sign (Route 61/Alameda), veer left under the overpass into the Webster Street Tube.
ï While in the tube, move to the left lane and prepare to exit left onto Constitution Way/Marina Village Parkway immediately after the tunnel. Pass through Atlantic intersection. (Walgreens/Kinkos on the corner). Pass through Buena Vista intersections.
ï Cross through Lincoln Avenue intersection (Constitution Way changes into 8th Street at this intersection). Continue on 8th Street. Pass through Central Avenue intersection. Ball park, tennis courts on the right in a grassy park area.
ï Follow Eighth Street to the third set of traffic lights (at Otis) and turn right into the entrance of Crown Beach Memorial Park.
ï You will find us at the brown building, at the southern (far) end of the park.

There is a fee for parking in the lot, so donít forget your wallet! Annual permits for parking can be purchased at the guard shack for a nominal fee.

Kolahi
Joey
Joey

Post by Kolahi » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:16 pm

thanks for the directions i got there fine.

Yea i got some BAK stickers, thank you. I'm seeing those things everywhere.