Very sad news - Don Bogardus

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
bobbyboom
Regular
Regular

Post by bobbyboom » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:36 am

Peace be with you my friend.

h20time
Joey
Joey

Post by h20time » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:09 am

Don, we will miss you very much. Sometimes, it would be between many sessions since we have seen each other. But you would always greet us with a huge smile and hello followed by filling us in on all your latest kiting adventures. One of our last sessions together was up here at BI riding the butter, just laughing at each other knowing that we hit a perfect day- right direction, right gear.............Good winds Mitchell and Maggie

Boardsports
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Location:Crown Beach Alameda, Coyote Pt San Mateo, & San Francisco

Shack memorial BBQ for Don, this Friday night 6pm

Post by Boardsports » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:21 am

:(
Rebecca and I would like to have a shack bbq in his honor this Friday night 7/20 at 6pm. We can gather and all tell stories about Don.
Jane & Rebecca
Attachments
DonBogardus.jpg
DonBogardus.jpg (105.32KiB)Viewed 5318 times

marina cc
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by marina cc » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:45 pm

it was with great sadness that I read this post. I first met Don when he came to Cabarete when I had a kite school there. He was a straight up guy that truly loved this sport. Very sorry and very sad but I don't believe Don had any regrets. He seemed to live his life exactly how he wanted...

RIP Don.

Marina

Thor
Contributor
Contributor

sad day

Post by Thor » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:47 pm

It's an empty feeling going to the beach and not seeing Don's truck in the parking lot. Don was the guardian at Alameda. Whenever someone was in trouble, he was ALWAYS the first guy to detour from his session and make sure they were safe. Don never partied, smoked, or did anything bad. This goes to show all of us, that life is truly short and we should appreciate every day!

Although, this is sad day for everyone in our kiting community, I think everyone should know that Don lived a great life! He taught kitesurfing at Alameda during the summer and traveled the world including DR, Vietnam and South Padre during the winter months, sharing his knowledge with others. Kitesurfing was his passion and he loved what he did. If you're near Alameda and wanna pay your respects, we've set up a memorial at the "Shack" with flowers, cards and photos to honor our friend.

Aloha Oe my brotha and enjoy skysurfing in the clouds. We miss you!!!

TK
Attachments
The Shack.jpg
The Shack.jpg (550.63KiB)Viewed 5255 times

Boardsports
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Location:Crown Beach Alameda, Coyote Pt San Mateo, & San Francisco

Re: Very sad new - Don Bogardus

Post by Boardsports » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:30 pm

Today would have been Don's 62nd birthday. Happy Birthday Epic Don, we miss you and think of you all the time!
with love, Jane & Rebecca
--
Boardsports California
Alameda - San Mateo - SF
Voted "Best of the Bay"
https://boardsportscalifornia.com/