Best kitesurfer in the world(video)

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:45 pm

To whom it may concern,
I'm afraid my above post ("total disrespect") may have been misinterpeted by somebody!!
What I refered to was the rider in the video having NO RESPECT for his own body and the power of tractions kites in general. This was NOT intended to be pointed at ANY individual OR following statements or posts!! THis was simply like saying "THATS SO BAD!" or whatever and intended ONLY to show my total RESPECT for the abilities of the rider in the video.
Greg Boyington (out)

Proparoo
Regular
Regular

Post by Proparoo » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:17 pm

I think the guy that kites in the pool has to be the best in the world cause you gots to be the best to try something like that!

How bout Len10 kiting in the city? Now that's the best...
Rich "ATOM" Baum

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:06 pm

Did anyone notice the shot in the video where both kiters loop at the same time, going opposite directions? I'm sure they were hundreds of feet apart, but the video makes it look like the kites practically bow-tied each other.

I don't watch too many kite videos, so for a while I thought that Chip and Ollie WERE the best kiters in the world. Seriously. Then I watched some videos and realized that they suck. Just kidding.

I personally am more impressed when everyday people I know rip at kiting or skiing or mountainbiking or whatever then when someone who gets paid to do the sport all day does it.
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:20 pm

Yeah, it's true, we do kind of suck compared to some of these damn pro kids, *but* we'll be working on some exhibition-type stuff, synced kiteloops or something, you know, like water ballet...

flip
Contributor
Contributor

Post by flip » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:56 am

will you take requests? i'd like to see a mid-air board swap.

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:58 am

Ooh, ooh. That's what I was going to say! Synchronized freestyle kiting! Talk about extreme sports...

But board swapping seems too easy. How about mid-air KITE swapping, like simultaneous handle passes -- as in "pass the kite handle to another kiter". Don't forget to unclip your leash first.

:rock:
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:23 pm

I pulled Antony's board right off his feet one day. #-o
I thought it was funny... :wink:

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:41 pm

Funny, I got all excited to see myself in a video and now I am disapointed. Apperently this post was titled incorrectly? :roll: