Coming to SF

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
James
Contributor
Contributor

Post by James » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:10 pm

So after lots of reading and even more searching, it looks like I will be close to Wadell this weekend. We are still looking for a good place to stay though and wondering if any of ya have some suggestions. It would be nice to stay somewhere with an ocean view. I don't want to be in a dive and have a hard time trusting some of the propaganda on the internet. Any suggestions?

Thanks;
James
Here's to sunny skies and windy days....may they happen together!

2008 Best Nemi HP 9m
2007 Waroo 13m and 7m
Best Pro 124

www.highasakite.ca

mike_s
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mike_s » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:15 pm

James.....sounds cool. I definately have a number of trips planned in the new year already, and no doubt a few impromptu ones as well.....will let you know.

Never thought about taking the kites in the summer, so will do that next time!

My call's OB this weekend....although this is based on no research or forecasts, purely wishful thinking on my part....so you may wanna stick with your Waddell choice!

panzerfaust
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by panzerfaust » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:37 pm

James.....sounds cool. I definately have a number of trips planned in the new year already, and no doubt a few impromptu ones as well.....will let you know.

Never thought about taking the kites in the summer, so will do that next time!

My call's OB this weekend....although this is based on no research or forecasts, purely wishful thinking on my part....so you may wanna stick with your Waddell choice!
Holly shizz mate, where have you been? I haven't seen you at all last season.

If it blows at OB I'm there.

James
Contributor
Contributor

Post by James » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:58 pm

OB? Could someone tell me where OB is or at least what the acronym stands for?

:)

Thanks!

James

2008 Best Nemi HP 9m
2007 Waroo 13m and 7m
Best Pro 124

www.highasakite.ca

mike_s
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mike_s » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:40 pm

James....Ocean Beach.

dude....been out a bit mainly at OB and 3rd...but you're right I haven't been around here much for most of the season...work's taken me on my travels around the world....(and have had some awesome sessions in various places!)...but I'm back!

I'm chasing any wind I can find over the next few days....I still think OB might go and the swell forecast is pretty big....hopefully see ya there to catch up!

panzerfaust
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by panzerfaust » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:29 am

I'm just about to head out, hopefully I'll see you there

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:24 pm

Hey James, I was thinking, if you could change each one of your avatars, per post, you could scroll down really fast and make an animation :)

James
Contributor
Contributor

Post by James » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:53 pm

LOL......ill work on uploading a gif later. For now im stuck in the airport in calgary where my flight has been delayed 1.5 hours. Ah well. At least i can get online.

My plans have changed slightly and I will now be staying in SF. So if OB is the call, I'd really like to hook up with a couple of ya. At least this way some of ya will have an idea who i am and what im about. Trying to find ya on OB might be a bit of a challange for me but I am sure I can do it so long as I know where abouts to go. Its a bloody big beach!!!

Hope to meet some of you soon.

James

2008 Best Nemi HP 9m
2007 Waroo 13m and 7m
Best Pro 124

www.highasakite.ca

mike_s
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mike_s » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:09 pm

I'm just about to head out, hopefully I'll see you there
proves I know nothing....not a breath of wind....hope you didn't make a long trip out there!!!

James if it starts to blow at OB there'll be a few kites out I'm sure....tends to be either the carpark right up the northend if the winds blowin from there, or the second one down if it turns to the W/S....

I give up tryin to make a call though....anyone get anything anywhere today???!!!

James
Contributor
Contributor

Post by James » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:09 am

Isn't it fun waiting for wind??? lol. Most of august was like that for me! I should have went to The Gorge with the guys.....oh well, I will know better next year!

I have finally made it to SF, just in time to see the shopping hell here in union square in the morning. Hopefully I dont get stampeded stepping out the front door tomorrow. If there is wind tomorrow, I'll be doing my best to scout ya out! I did not bring my kites but am glad to help out with launches and landings!

thanks for the heads up mike!

James

2008 Best Nemi HP 9m
2007 Waroo 13m and 7m
Best Pro 124

www.highasakite.ca