Where to kite?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
ETHANol
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ETHANol » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:59 pm

Got in about an hour on my 12m TorchII today at North Beach Point Reyes. Anybody ever kite there? Sort of a sketchy place to be kiting alone. Hopefully some better winds in the days to come.

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:24 pm

Dude I hate to kill your buzz, but there is just about zero chance of wind in the next few days.

Just nice weather alternating with rain. Doesn't seem like the current batch of storms is bringing much in the way of storm OR clearing winds. I guess it blew at Waddell this afternoon, but man that's a long drive to get skunked.

I hope I'm wrong, but the forecasts have been pretty accurate lately and there's nothing on the radar until Sunday. As Charlie said:

just to show ya ...
a bad forcast.

SAN FRANCISCO SAN PABLO SUISUN BAY AND THE WEST DELTA- 241 PM PST TUE NOV 14 2006
.TONIGHT...W WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING NE AFTER MIDNIGHT. PATCHY FOG.
.WED...W WINDS 5 KT. PATCHY FOG IN THE MORNING. .WED NIGHT...SE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN.
.THU...S WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. CHANCE OF RAIN. .THU NIGHT...W WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. CHANCE OF RAIN.
.FRI...SW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. CHANCE OF RAIN.
.SAT...NW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT.
.SUN...SW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN.

YuK!
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

moblvet
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by moblvet » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:16 pm

After you left Stinson yesterday, wind came up 11-16 for about an hour, then went offshore.

North beach usually is pretty onshore with normal NW wind, and shore break is a definite problem, pretty sharkey area too, although South beach is worse, to be alone. Take a handheld marine radio, when alone.

Should be some wind this weekend.

Email me if interested.

Ray and Tracker