Continuum & Some Pics- Thanks To All!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
OliverG
Old School
Old School
Continuum & Some Pics- Thanks To All!

Post by OliverG » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:41 pm

I'd like to give a big, big thanks to everyone who made it to the party Friday night! It was a lot of work to put it all together, but clearly worthwhile as evidenced by the good time that was had by all, the outrageous costumes, the many good friends, familiar faces and some new faces that were present. We had a turnout of about 150 people or so.

The location, warehouse and yard simply could not have been better. At one point while standing outside the yard late at night I was able to take it all in. I heard the music inside the warehouse and saw the lights reflecting and shining through the upper level windows and then saw the crowd on the far end of the lot gathered around what was surely the most impressive and efficient wood-combustion capsule I've ever seen. Happy and fun-loving people in our community were abundant, the evening was warm, the music and sound awesome, the lights, fog and lasers were just crazy, the fire warm, the drinks strong, the beer cold and I realized how it was totally worth it to be able to create an environment and celebration like that. It was a huge amount of work with many hours spent preparing and getting ready, but a few stepped forward and were key in pulling it off and we just about broke even on our expenses. Look forward to the next one!

Big thanks and much appreciation go out to Jim Mason and Crew at The Shipyard for agreeing to let us host the event there, Chip Wasson for stepping up and spending much time that he didn't have to help out and prepare, Mike Farrelll for supplying the keystone of the party - an awesome sound system, mad DJ skills and bringing in friends with crazy DJ skills, Bunny for being you, LMG for help building the platforms, Curt and Dave for being platform operators and of course, everyone who came to have a great time, show off killer costumes and support the event. Thank you!

Let's plan another one, so if any of you have something to offer to the community that would help with another event - a space, idea, or whatever, let us know.

Here's a few pics, if you have more, please post them.

Ollie

[hr]
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Last edited by OliverG on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:21 pm

Can we get access to that ghost paddle ship at the entrance to sherman?

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:27 pm

That would be cool! But legally, I doubt it. "Someone might get hurt." Insurance, you know. We will do a stupendous July 4 bash again though... the Sherman Crew knows how to party...

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:33 am

Ollie you da man. Now stop slicing your wrists so you can kite the winter storms coming up!