Launch/Land Unhooked?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:55 am

airess wrote:did you read the whole thing? (or did your ADHD prohibit it) i did say to use the chicken loop, just be careful and be aware of how to quick release. and, if you are at sherman island and you "hook in, keep it low and go" [highlight=red]you just may find yourself eating the balckberries that no one has pissed on yet[/highlight].
Are you sure no one has pissed on them yet. Wind can carry pee a long way you know.

While were on the subject, how far is the bathroom from the beach? I always see guys in the bushes. I don't like the beach smelling like a restroom.
Dewey

airess
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

launch/land unhooked

Post by airess » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:06 am

L.M.G. wrote:So thats why onone else eats the berries....

have you been eating the berries L.M.G.? hmm.....

actually from what i've seen at s.i., if you pick the ones over about 3 ft. high you're safe. you probably should factor in the wind, the gusts might blow the piss up a little higher.

airess
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

launch/land unhooked

Post by airess » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:11 am

While were on the subject, how far is the bathroom from the beach? I always see guys in the bushes. I don't like the beach smelling like a restroom.[/quote]

last year i saw Gabe doing a kiteboarding mag interview with Dimitri by the shitter so i figured that was what guys did over there( at least he said it was an interview..there were cameras...hmmmm...2 guys in the bathroom... hmmmm)

ramsey
Resident
Resident

Post by ramsey » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:20 pm

i made a pie out of those berries. It was damn good.

Proparoo
Regular
Regular

Post by Proparoo » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:24 pm

Though I am new to this sport I did want to add my $ .02 worth.

After checking my safetys / quick release lately I have found that, as mine has PVC tubeing, after a while it can get totally stuck making it really hard to release, so EVERY TIME I now launch I totally take apart my quick release and put it back together...

Now I can see more advanced riders not doing this but I (for one) am so freeked out obout this sport that I will do everything in my power to check my safety system EVERY time I go on the water.

ALso, every time I come in I try to touch my safety so , for one, I know where it is but also so I remember I have it and should use it if need be.

So, this might only be pertanant to new riders but I really think everyone should check their safty more often...
Rich "ATOM" Baum

S.I. Rider
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by S.I. Rider » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:17 am

you made a pee pie? yummy :vom:

ramsey
Resident
Resident

Post by ramsey » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:02 pm

The pee gets cooked out of it, and all thats left is the flavor!

airess
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by airess » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:43 pm

mmmm...nothin like a warm slice of pissberry pie!

berrisbob
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by berrisbob » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:41 pm

Pissing on the blackberries is just plain wrong, and I, for one, never do that. I make it a point to always piss on the asparagus instead. But then, those of you who eat the asparagus out there probably already guessed that.

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:35 am

Jezz, you guys and girls took that and ran away with it.

I always check (rotate) my safty too. I'm not really into eating berries since I sucked the juice out of a few of them...
L.M.G.