DuDe ...its SprInG

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
charlie
Old School
Old School
DuDe ...its SprInG

Post by charlie » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:53 pm

WoW its may. right?
got n.w. wind blow n out the FoG!,coast hold n 20,s all day
alameda got to 17 mph avg.!?
W.T.F.
it seems kind of wierd this late in the season
O, watch n OLLie bust,out at hisloardship,s was unreal .... DaM BoY
you better clear with the f.a.a out of oakland airport.
kouse you some KInE of u.f.o mo, fo.....? WOW..ribs all bettr hay! good
YoU GO BoY...
any feed back? any one?

username

Post by username » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:04 pm

lucky you....dude i was out yesterday i had no luck...i sat on the beach for a good 2-4 hrs. i finally decided to call it a day. what make it worst< its blowing like hell today argh... oh well.... im gonna try to kite during the winter anyways....

peace

bdawg
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by bdawg » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:18 pm

Do you plan on kiting on water or snow?

Blair

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:22 pm

Dang Charlie, you so crazy...I'm just trying to pick what you're layin' down bro', whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis? Sweet day huh? Nice! :P

Bdawg,
Winter kiting is great! Usually there will be lulls, but there's still plenty of killer late Fall and Winter kiting to be had on the Bay. Usually during storm and frontal systems, before, during and clearing. The conditions are cold and sometimes tough with small kites and big gusts, but worth it. The cold, dense winds pack a punch. Some rain... The crowds are thinned down a lot too. 8)

username

Post by username » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:01 am

water of course...i heard you need to be in a remote area to get decent wind if you decided to kite on snow.
im not really worried about the freezing water ill just wear a thick ass wetsuit, on top of my sweat pants and shirt, binnie, ear muffs, my raiders scarf, goggles/face mask and oh mittens!!! or ill just soak my body in the bay until i cant feel a thing!!!! lol......on the serious side, some people tired to talk me out of winter kiting, they said its only for experience kiters, and not for me (a complete noob) :cry:
ill do it anyway because i stubborn damn it! may be ill hit Alameda, 3rd ave., or ocean beach this winter. how about Berkeley and Sherman Island? are they noob friendly?

peace

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:07 am

Alameda is often the best place for Winter kiting. The safest, relatively speaking too. Sherman Island doesn't really have any winter action and especially Berkeley isn't noob friendly at any time because you need to be very competent, experienced and safe. It is a more advanced site and no mistakes is the rule. Sometimes there's literally no beach and you are surrounded by rocks, the Bay Trail, the frontage road and more rocks and Hwy 80. It's pretty much always straight onshore wind too...

But I appreciate your stoke, and by all means, give it a shot this winter at Alameda. We'll look out for ya.... I can't wait for those winter storms. :P

Donna
Contributor
Contributor

winter storms

Post by Donna » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:00 pm

Remember what happened with Ben Franklin, a kite and a storm...

username

Post by username » Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:43 pm

ok ill leave the keys in my car..check

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:45 pm

Yup, it's Spring and down is now up.

It blew better in Berkeley than at Sherman Island today. Also, the sky is falling and W. cares about you and me.
Go bigga'

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:53 pm

Dave did you hit berekely today?? And what's going on with Sherman. 4pm and still no wind!!!
Dewey