Any kiters flown both the Rebel and the Link?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
windhorny
Old School
Old School
Any kiters flown both the Rebel and the Link?

Post by windhorny » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:08 am

I am getting ready for next years kites and have not made it to either demo day. I would be curious to hear from someone that has flown both a normal bow-TD or Xbow and also the Rebel and Link. They seem to be more of a hybrid kite, does that mean they dont have the same range? I am very down with the 2 kite bow quiver and am hoping the new hybrids will give me the same power of the current flat kites.

Thanks.

clints
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by clints » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 am

I haven't tried any of these kites but I know that you can demo the link from a rep at 3rd. A friend of mine liked it alot that he bought 4 :).

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:33 pm

Was it Dave or Greg?

thanks

moose
Joey
Joey

Post by moose » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:56 pm

Jon fron Helm is the one with the kites. he is usually there from about 3pm on when there is wind (obviously)! He has a 9m and 12m. Eventually, I think Sonny will have them.

clints
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by clints » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:17 pm

I think the rep's name is Greg. My friend who bought the 4 link is Leo from 3rd ave.

Don
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Don » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:53 pm

Uri, consider the HyperType - 4 lines, great range, super floaty, bar pressure - it's all good.

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:36 am

There was a guy out at SI on Sunday with a HT that was getting the biggest air I've ever seen anyone get on a bow kite -- not just far, but really high. He was still dialing in the landings, though.
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

Georg
Joey
Joey

Post by Georg » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:07 am

Hello Bulldog,
i was on a brand new 2007 RRD, a new high performance jumping kite called HYPER TYPE. This kite is a hybrid between a Bow-kite and a C-kite and should combine the advantages of both kite shape concepts. It has unbelievable lift......is very stable, pedictable, and has geat up wind performance....and for experienced riders, that can stand the pull, you can kite loop it while jumping. So it's great to learn all kinds of moves like rotations...front or back 360?, 720? with lots of hang time to do board off's and as i did on Saturday evening, jumping really high. In waves i could have jumped higher !!! and a trusting "observer" from the beach who knows my best jumping days on high performance C-Kites told me that i was higher than in comparable conditions on my C-Kite. I was flying and testing this kite for the second time and i think i can get still a little bit more performance out of it in waves.....as a service to LIVE2KITE customer, i could invite some very good SI kiter (Michelle, John, Steve, Curt, Mike, Don) on Saturday to test it themselves.....with the help of their feedback and my own impressions i will write a test sheet.....you will find more information of this kite in the next days on my friend Evans LIVE2KITE websides. Today i will take some time off to check out the ATOM/FLEXIFOIL at SI....

So Evan, do your exersise so you'll recover fast!!! You're missing out on all the fun..... Georg

AND !!

Hey Yuri.....you are going to be my down stairs neigbor....you should check out the RRD when we get the rigth wind conditions at our home beach.....maybe this kite is something for you ?
ImageImageImage

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm

Georg

That's saying something because I've seen you boost big on your F-ones!!!!
Dewey

Don
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Don » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:54 pm

Yeah what Georg said. :rolleyes: So Evan here's some quick feedback. Impressive! The 12m reliably flew this 165 lb. passenger, including 128 UG baggage, to vistas not seen before - followed by silly hang-time allowing for "new stuff". The 100% de-power functioned well in the mid-to-high 20s. It prolly tops out at 30 for my weight. Bar setup is simple. One-pump setup is simple. 4 lines are simple. Loops require harder input than the Type 7. The HT reminds me when those tennis rackets with the huge heads, aimed at beginner-intermediates, were first introduced. Nowadays most of the pros use 'em [-X