Is there no justice?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:16 am

Ouch.

The chop on Sunday morning seemed wierd to me; I held off on pushing the envelope until flood started and the swell got more organized.
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

Bob
Regular
Regular

Post by Bob » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:20 pm

and hung out long enough after the ER visit so his wife could still kite
No wonder she loves you! - You Da Man Z!
or way outside (I will do them wayyy outside).
Isn't this how you ended your post a few years back after being pummeled all the way from the red marker to the beach...

And in the spirit of the season Zev - Hope to see you back on the water soon!

Blackbird
Regular
Regular

Re: quick recovery

Post by Blackbird » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:10 pm

* At SI, either do all moves inside orange bouy, or way outside (I will do them wayyy outside).

Not to pour salt in your wounds, but this statement sounds a little ill informed. I thought the etiquette was to do ALL MOVES OUTSIDE THE RED BUOYS. I see way too many people doing moves inside them, including team Slingshot riders doing unhooked moves, almost dumping the kite in the bushes. Watching this, I HOPE they dump it. Why? It endangers everyone at the launch. Please, please, please be considerate and do ALL TRICKS of any sort outside the red buoys. The launch is dangerous enough with kiters everywhere, then dogs, kids, people, etc. We all screw up. Give yourself and everyone a buffer zone.

I try and NEVER take my eyes off kiters in that zone because we have all been witness to too many dumb moments by yourself and others. I have taught my wife to be extremely wary around launch areas unless people are downwind of you. Please, again, please be smart and respectful of local etiquette.

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:51 pm

It's the medication.
Go bigga'

homegrown
Contributor
Contributor

Post by homegrown » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:29 pm

Zev... Try them bindings for the wakestyle tricks!!! Leave the straps for dangles.

zgur
Resident
Resident

funny

Post by zgur » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:36 pm

Big D - it's the medication, you kill me brother, very funny.......

Homegrown - love the name, roll em up......Bindings - I really don't need any more gear to haul around....

Blackbird - I hear you brother, this went down early on Sunday...lame excuse, I know.....wayy outside is the answer.....In my case, swiming in with bleeding lips/gums all the way from the channel would have been an issue......

Bob - yes, sometimes it takes a few reps for me to really learn my lesson....I'm good now, all learned.

Paul/Hanna/pan/ryan - thanks for the wishes for a fast recovery.

Today I had a Soul Session that recharged me beyond words.....I rode for the first time since getting hurt in the ocean. That cold salty water is like a long salty rinse for wounds - helps em' heal....

There is still some south swell left and the wind was a solid 10m. I kited all by myself for the first 2 hours and was lost in the liquid bliss. There were too many waves to count....I shared the lineup with two surfers towards the end who paddled out to play in the nice swell. It was fun riding with them and letting them drop in on 1/20 waves - they were mellow and stoked to watch a brother getting so many lip smacks.....

While reflcting on this session on the way home I was thinking about how much you appreciate something when you can't do it for a while. To me this session felt like the first/best/longest/mellowest session of all times. I will not forget this special session that I shared with the pelicans and the seals.

If you lay down your board really hard to crank that bottom turn, time the off the lip perfetly, hit a floater and no one is there to see it, does it count??? let me tell you HELL YES!!!!!

Do it for the love of the sport.

Appreciate that you can do it.

Appreciate that we live somewhere where we can do it often.

Ride like it's your first and last day to ride.

Life is short, make the most of every day, every session.

Now stop reading the forum, go out there and get some, Z.

lacasaverde
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by lacasaverde » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:29 am

=D> Amen Rev! So glad to hear you've got your stoke back on! Watch out for that kryptonite!! lg

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:40 pm

Z,
Man-o-man sorry to hear it again, that really sucks!
Get well soon,
Greg

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:11 pm

"Do it for the love of the sport. " -Z

Word that, if only everyone was in it for this! =D>

S I LOCAL
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by S I LOCAL » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:52 pm

Last edited by S I LOCAL on Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.