RRD Total Depower Bar

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:37 am

John I'll be there this afternoon. You could try the HiR with the TDB and see if mine is set up different.

Dave I don't mind the regular bar, but when I would go out juiced I would get pulled of the water too soon and not able to boost like I want to. Now I sheet out a bit before I send it and I control when I pop. It also helps with the power turns.
Dewey

jstjohn3
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by jstjohn3 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:02 am

, but when I would go out juiced I would get pulled of the water too soon and not able to boost like I want to. Now I sheet out a bit before I send it and I control when I pop.
Yeah, I noticed I was able to stay on edge 'til I popped it in the VERY windy conditions yesterday! I didn't think about it at the time, but with the earlier bar, I DEFINITELY would have been pulled off my edge early.

jstjohn3
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by jstjohn3 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:31 am

You could try the HiR with the TDB and see if mine is set up different.
Thanx, Dewey. I'll do that.

whitecap
Regular
Regular

Post by whitecap » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:02 am

hey guys...Ollie and Chip have done plenty of messing with the TDB. I have as well....you get more used to the bar after you wear through the chicken loop - center line - and have to re rig it. The bar pressure is a function of the relative length of the 5th line, and front and back lines. Set it up right, and the bar is super light feeling. I think the problem is setting up the 5th line length for the zh.

the way I like to set it up, I will have the front and back lines even when the bar is a few inches away from the chicken loop. At that point, the fifth line should be slack. If you push the bar to around the mid point of your chicken loop throw, the 5th line should engage....as you push the bar all the way out, the 5th line is fully on...The light bar pressue comes from the tension on the 5th line...the point where you feel like holding the bar, or working to push it out, all depends on how you set the 5th line. a few inches makes a big difference...tie some knots on the 5th line, and play with it a bit...

bob