Club Sherman

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Skipow
Contributor
Contributor
Club Sherman

Post by Skipow » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:13 am

Thanks to Ollie, Chip, Marsala, Kurt, Michelle, Mike, & everyone else that contributed to rasing the bar up at Sherman over the 4th. Rocking good time, ...and good wind to boot!
-J13

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:26 am

Yes I'll second that! Also thanks to KiteWindSurf for the Kiter-Cross and jet-ski assistance.. The crew out at Shermin is awesome!
VERY NICE!
Greg

zgur
Resident
Resident

Everybody in the club....

Post by zgur » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:56 pm

What a great time indeed. Good to see the crew and a few new faces....I thought that I was a pro at having fun off the water - wow, I am simply an ametuer.....I Loved the fact that we kited really hard, and the party level did not hold back people from throwing it down on the water. Nice effort.

FYI - someone left an RRD type 7 bar at the launch area. It's hanging up on the guidelines sign in the sandy rigging area. Looks pretty new....

Get some, Z.

dakine1
Regular
Regular

Club sherman

Post by dakine1 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:36 pm

Big shout out to the crew for a great weekend!!!! Had fun with all.. =D>

ED/OUT

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:48 pm

Guys,

I just checked my bags and bin and no Type 7, so it looks like it's mine. Can someone grab it for the time being, I'll be back out Saturday. Maybe leave it with one of the perm. residents?

Thanks,
Ollie

Also! Big thanks to everyone who came out for the weekend and the party (parties, really). Seeing so many familiar and new faces made it all worthwhile. Big thanks to Mike Farrell and family for bringing out the soundsystem and providing awesome DJ services, thanks to Chip and Marcella for bringing out some swag and bar supplies, to Curt and Michelle for helping all around and with the construction, cleanup and breakdown and Dewey for bring some excellent bar supplies and to all the people in this awesome sport who are part of the great community!

You guys are awesome!

Ollie

mbzporvida
Regular
Regular

Post by mbzporvida » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:00 pm

Super cool times at Sherman this weekend!!Great wind,people,food and drinks! Hope this can happen again next 4th. (Remember this weekend the North Crew will be at Sherman for demo.) Thanks again to Ollie for the lights, Yoko for the great food, Mike and Cristy for the KILLER sound and Chip for the use of the BROMPTON. Curt & Michelle
Another trip around the sun ?

mbzporvida
Regular
Regular

Post by mbzporvida » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:08 pm

The North demo has been changed to the 22 of July.
Another trip around the sun ?

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:29 pm

Yup, you guys rage HARD. I'm just a "Junior Jammer" now and my generation can safely pass the baton to the Party Kids of Tomorrow. Sorta' reminds me of Hood River BITD.

Thanks Ollie, Chip, Dewey, The Wrecking Ball, DJ M-Far, Ms. Greene and Dr. BK!

(Also, thanks to Millman for hauling my lame ass back from the lake while my kite high-tailed it to Martin's Marina.)

:rolleyes:
Last edited by fearlu on Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go bigga'

narly1
Regular
Regular

Post by narly1 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:36 pm

WHAT....?...?..?
PARTY ON s.I. LoCalS
Narly1

berrisbob
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by berrisbob » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:19 pm

Just wanted to add my thanks as well to all those already mentioned for a rocking good time. Also, thanks to the wind gods for coming through with 10m and 12m wind throughout the whole 4 day weekend.

Here are a few images from the big party Monday night. All the rest will be posted soon on my web site--

http://users.ca.astound.net/berris/wind_kite_surf.html