Da- Contendar!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Greg
Old School
Old School
Da- Contendar!

Post by Greg » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:32 pm

Chopper chewed dem up and spat them out...
Chip Wasson is said to have taken down the pack in the race of the year, the Bay Challange.
After failing to place in a single race Thursday, Chip made another last minute gear change, this time to one of Jeff Kafka's new directional surf designs. THe choice proved wise, for Wasson said "the down wind leg was key" . I know Wassons ability to race down wind and if said that was key I'd bet he was SMOKEN!!
Up wind Chip said he, "pretty much just held his ground", well from his finish time of about 5 minutes ahead, I'd assume he was well ahead for most of the race!
What really surprized me was the total race time of less then two hours! THat is a thirty-three percent reduction in the expected elape time of three hours..WOW!
Chip Wasson, man of steel, WELL DONE!
L.M.G.

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:34 pm

lim
i dont think thay went to berkely,
if you look at the gps map found on ikitesurf
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/epis ... lue=897110
it looks like it went to .ti and back..?
charlie

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:08 pm

Yes you right! The race to His Lordships is called the "Classic". That one is going to be a killer!!
L.M.G.

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:31 am

but still a killer race, and a fun look n ride
good job to all who made it.
charlie

Yoda
Resident
Resident

Re: Da- Contendar!

Post by Yoda » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:04 am

L.M.G. wrote:Chopper chewed dem up and spat them out...
Chip Wasson is said to have taken down the pack in the race of the year, the Bay Challange.
After failing to place in a single race Thursday, Chip made another last minute gear change, this time to one of Jeff Kafka's new directional surf designs. THe choice proved wise, for Wasson said "the down wind leg was key" . I know Wassons ability to race down wind and if said that was key I'd bet he was SMOKEN!!
Up wind Chip said he, "pretty much just held his ground", well from his finish time of about 5 minutes ahead, I'd assume he was well ahead for most of the race!
What really surprized me was the total race time of less then two hours! THat is a thirty-three percent reduction in the expected elape time of three hours..WOW!
Chip Wasson, man of steel, WELL DONE!
L.M.G.
What kite was Chip flying?

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:50 am

Dotn know about the Challange but he seemed to like your kite during the sunday event...
L.M.G.