Pull Da Trigga!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Greg
Old School
Old School
Pull Da Trigga!

Post by Greg » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:34 pm

Pull da trigga, not the trigger!!

Back in the day of the danglers, we all showed the love. The kites were harsh, pulled like trucks... LEASHES We didnt have no stinkn leaches!! We actually had "Rules", not guidelines, like NEVER LET GO OF THE BAR!! Those that crashed we laughed at and teased without mercy, we knew the deal, as long as no one got hurt it was funny. We were friends....

Today its more.... well just more. The boards are cush, the kites are killer! The tricks are AWESOME, especially when they are done HUGH!. Like Martins 30 foot handle passes with double kite loops at Waddell circa 2003 the kids of today are simply AMAZING! They make Tobas's statement about consiquence REAL. Today the stakes are higher then ever...

Should it be hard to believe that kitings lost its "core" as its gotten more hard core? In some areas the party is over or so it seems. We seemed to have found a "tipping point" that makes us leery some even a bit geery. Seems to make sence, rats dont like congestion why should we? Rats will eventually eat there own...

Hopefully were not doomed to repeat the same mistakes.., we're kiters, were in this thing togather...

Party Wave!!
L.M.G.

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:18 am

Seems like we need a few more good sites in the BA, especially for beginners. There were several people kiting at Sherman yesterday who did not know how to turn, yet they were out with 20 or so other kiters. One guy almost hit me when I was down in the water bodydragging to my board. He chose to dump his kite about 20 feet from my head rather than turn downwind to go around me.

Another guy almost rear-ended me when I was turning right by the island -- I couldn't go any farther and I kept waiting for him to turn and get off my back.

So you take your two lessons, buy a kite and board, and by now have blown over $1000. You're really not ready for prime time, but you want to kite. Some responsible folks pay for boat rides to get themselves away from others, the rest try to launch from the beaches and are a hazard to themselves and others.
Paul

moblvet
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by moblvet » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:28 am

" Seems to make sence, rats dont like congestion why should we? Rats will eventually eat there own..."
Actually LMG, when overcrowded, rats exhibit homosexual behavior!

PorkytheKiter
Joey
Joey

Post by PorkytheKiter » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:34 am

Ive had lessons but now i just need to buy gear (which is killing me cause i dont have the money yet) and find some nice open space and practice. I know a few places that i want to check out, some inland lakes in the central and nor cal areas.

Plz plz let me win the lottery!!(i dont even play the lottery)

Porky

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:18 pm

Mobster,
Maybe thats the problem!
I suppose its better to let it floursh here then infect the rest of the world...
L.M.G.