Exploratorium Crissy Cam

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
pthorner
Joey
Joey
Exploratorium Crissy Cam

Post by pthorner » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:28 am

Crissy - Exploratorium Camera (Your donation needed)

San Francisco Boardsailing Association and Kevin Stone are partnering to fund the replacement of the Exploratorium roof camera. SFBA membership dues have been lgiht and we don't have the funds budgeted for this project but we don't want to miss this great opportunity to restore a valuable community resource. Please make a donation to support this great project.

http://sfba.org/membership/donate_special.html

Also.....

Coyote Point (Your input needed)

I've been hearing about the erosion and the not so nice rigging area. I've been talking with contractors, park planners, rangers, and non-profit foundations and we'll try and see what funding we can pull together to repair of replace the Armorflex mat that serves as an access ramp. The first step is to have it evaluated by an expert which should happen soon.

In the near term, funds are available to improve the rigging area. The San Mateo County Parks & Recreation Foundation (supportparks.org) has proposed using a surface similar to astroturf (but a bit nicer and with a 10 year warranty for UV). I'd like to know whether people would prefer the artificial surface or gravel so I can share your thoughts with planners. Please e-mail me at thorner@sfba.org and let me know.

Treasure Island (Your input needed)

I'm writing my report evaluating different launch types for the developer. With regard to the armorflex used at Coyote Point, what do people think of this system when it is in good condition. Would this be a good choice for an access that would allow a broad area of access instead of narrow ramps like third Avenue? Please e-mail me at thorner@sfba.org and let me know.

Scotty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

You can try this Crissy cam

Post by Scotty » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:47 pm

Try this camera @ Crissy

http://65.18.217.185/newcork/html/webcam.htm

It is a little blurry since the last time I used it, maybe they will correct it soon. The angle is good.

scotty

andyandmarlys
Regular
Regular

Post by andyandmarlys » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:32 pm

I'll be working at the exploratorium this summer... hope to do some work there with windsports and physics... I'll see if I can help with this...

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:58 am

"Yes kids, I am about to show you what gravity is as I unhook myself midair during a 30 ft. jump!"

" Now we will discuss momentum, watch as depower the kite completely, how I continue to move."

"And finally class, this is called centrifigul force, watch as I do an unhooked backroll kiteloop and all my lunch flys outwards."

:)