Threatening Access Idiots!!!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Kraemer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Kraemer » Wed May 31, 2006 8:18 pm

no matter what this guy is about-- I think you are wrong to blackball him from the beach. You are not putting yourselfs in a good light when you scribe about him. hes probably reading this too. Just be nice. thats what you can do. Sometimes i cant help someone launch because i've just wrapped up and am late.... but I'm nice about it.

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Wed May 31, 2006 8:49 pm

Hey..
charlie gets into it with AloT of ppls....!
GeT A fu#$%^ number, and GeT in LiNE.
charlie

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Wed May 31, 2006 9:50 pm

Offending image link and comments DELETED!

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Wed May 31, 2006 11:52 pm

Speaking of blacklisting, how about removing Yuri's image posting rights? ;)

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:07 am

Not long ago, I posted a reminder to ALL that families and children read and participate in the discussion and content of this website and to refrain from profanity or offending subject matter. Please respect the posting guidelines!!!

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:53 am

Crap I missed it. What was it?
Dewey

Scotty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

self regulating

Post by Scotty » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:39 am

I am not for blackballing people from certain spots. It is too territorial and shows a bad vibe. One of the reasons I got into kiting was because of the friendliness and willingness of everyone to lend a hand. Not to mention the ultimate stoke.
You will get bad eggs here and there, however, what do you do about them? You can only be nice so much and we have to remember that we are a self regulating sport. If we do not self regulate our sport and allow someone else to.....then we start losing access to spots. Sure, incidents will happen. But if there is someone who is obviously going against the grain and threatening to ruin access certain spots for individuals, there has to be some sort of solution.
I know and have kited with Charlie, Andy, Jeff and LMG. Those guys (along with unmentioned others) try their hardest to keep Alameda open and safe for everyone. But it all comes down to RESPECT. I listen to those guys and others and they do the same at other spots. Look at 3rd Ave. They have a core group of people (Sonny, Jeff, Paul...et al.)that really help sustain that spot with regards to regulating. Catching kites and helping people launch. That is what it is all about. I thought that was the purpose of this whole website. A community of sorts, poke fun, show off pix, info, etc.......And most of all, maintaining this sport.

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:56 am

Hey, I agree with that totally. I was just trying to break the tension. BUTT apparently it wasnt enough.

Sorry to anyone I offended.

I felt provoked by Charlie's comments about my Azz.

Don Bogardus
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Don Bogardus » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:42 am

The Subject has been discussed enough, with some very
good points being made on Ikitesurf forum!.
Now If Jan has read any of it, I am sure that by posting a brief
apologie, and acknoweledge a basic understanding of the need
to cooperate, All will be forgiven.
We should all be able to have fun without endangering access!.
Save fighting for the Pub!.

tanker223
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tanker223 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:34 pm

As the guy who got assaulted....

I propose we drop this whole thing. I dont know who the guy is and I really dont care. We are giving this guy way to much attention. His concern was that he felt anyone should be allowed to teach there. Its not the school that makes that rule, but the park. Their concern, obviously, is the liability. He was having a bad day (which he seems to have a lot of). Anyone who can get angry that easily probably doenst belong in a sport of endless knots in line and a lack of knots in wind. Personally, I just feel bad for the guy. We are giving him way too much attention. I will never launch his kite. But beyond that, I reccomed we forget about him.

To the guy... you kinda lucky you didnt take that any further. I work bar security. One of my students was a Navy SEAL. The other one was twice your size. Thats not a threat, just beware your temper... it may get you hurt someday.
Colin