Big thanks to Bay Area Kiters for Making the Trek to KiteXpo

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
rini
Contributor
Contributor
Big thanks to Bay Area Kiters for Making the Trek to KiteXpo

Post by rini » Mon May 22, 2006 8:56 am

Just wanted to thank all the manufacturers and riders who came out to support and take part in Kitexpo 2006 in Pismo Beach, CA this weekend! Also a big thanks to xtremebigair.com and kiteforum.com for their co-sponsorship, time, hard work and support.

Although we got a freak late spring rain storm on Sunday, Friday participants lucked out and get an hour of great wind -- not one kite was on the beach! Saturday we had nuking 4mph winds but it was beautiful and sunny so the day was not lost as participants and manfacturers checked out and talked about the new gear while the buggy and landboarders from MBS, Ozone and Flexifoil were having a blast downwind.

All enjoyed the comraderie, meeting new people and chance to check the new gear out from Best, Caution, Cabrinha, Flexifoil, Liquid Force, MBS, Ozone, Ocean Rodeo, North, Slingshot and KiteRelease. Tons of great swag from the manfacturers along with other items from Kitesurfari, Murrays, Captain Kirks, daKine and Mystic Kiteboarding was raffled off every day with the grand prize winners receiving a trip to Brazil with Best Kiteboarding and Kite Adventures; a kite of the winners choice from participating manufacturers Best, Slingshot, North, Ocean Rodeo or Liquid Force; a board of the winners choice courtesy of Best, Slingshot, North, Ocean Rodeo or Liquid Force; and a one week/7-day stay at a new 'casita' of Captain Kirk's down in La Ventana.

More info and pictures will be posted soon from us, Oliver and other participants but just wanted to give a shout out to everybody and say thanks for the support despite the iffy forecast. It was really cool to meet new faces, connect with old friends, and get your feedback. I hope to see you on the water somewhere:-)

We hope to bring you more of these demo testing events in 2007!

Marina
The Kiteboarder Magazine
ASNEWS.net

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon May 22, 2006 9:06 am

I'll post the pics this morning, we've got a lot of great shots from Friday and Saturday on the beach and at the party. A great time was had by all. Thanks again to all the above listed sponsors and organizers for putting this event together. There's some talk of having this Expo at Sherman next year. That would be awesome!

Ollie

Scanman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Scanman » Mon May 22, 2006 10:30 am

Thanks for the Dakine Pyro Harness! My luck usually sucks at raffles, so I was super stoked! Trip to Brasil would've been nice... Anyone wanna buy an Ocean Rodeo hat?:mrgreen:

Joe

bhsu24
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by bhsu24 » Mon May 22, 2006 11:06 am

Buy one? i think everyone already has one sorry joe the market is already flooded!!!!

bryan

p.s. yea my luck was good also i got a flexifoil bag and a kiteadventures Brazil shirt i guess every time i wear it it will remind me of the trip to Brazil i didnt win yesterday. :cry:

However, i had a blast thanks to all who made this happen. Sherman next year would be awsome.

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Mon May 22, 2006 12:05 pm

Not intending to be a "buzz killer" but do you really think a large event at Shermin would be feasable, frankly the idea seems very far fetched to me, besides I dont think Shemin was blowing either. Or was it??

As far as the Kite Expo goes, I'm really stoked to see it still going. This years event would have been epic but instead it was limited be Mother Nature, still the event was GREAT! Having such a wide verity of gear at one MASSIVE and SANDY location and having the event be basicly free is awesome for the kiters who show up for the fun. For those of you that have never kited Pismo, YOU GOTTA GO!!

I want to thank Kinsley and Marina for hosting this event. Seeing all the sponcers were super cool, they brought the greatest gear in the world and it was available in large quanties!! The food was WONDERFULL and the fire was HUGH and having so many top riders and representitives of the numerous companies made the event extra special to me. God if we'd only had wind this event would have been completly off the hook!!!
Untell next year, Warm winds to everyone,
Greg

bhsu24
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by bhsu24 » Mon May 22, 2006 1:19 pm

Scanman wrote:Thanks for the Dakine Pyro Harness! My luck usually sucks at raffles, so I was super stoked! Trip to Brasil would've been nice... Anyone wanna buy an Ocean Rodeo hat?:mrgreen:

Joe

Kite Adventures
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Kite Adventures » Mon May 22, 2006 4:49 pm

You know you love your new Kite Adventure shirt!

kiteslinger
Joey
Joey

Post by kiteslinger » Mon May 22, 2006 6:38 pm

Just like to say thanks to Extreme big air Kinsley Wong and Marina in letting me and some of the other land base powerkiters in sharing the wind its been a pleasure feeding off the energy that the kitesurfers put out and in returning our thanks and to show another avenue in kiting by buggying.

Next time your sitting OTB( On The Beach ) waiting for the winds to come up just stop one of us and ask to try it you'll never know how much fun it could be or maybe come out to the dry lakes with us to reach speeds up to 80mph with the earth just inches from your a$$ or even try jumping with the buggy to heights of 40+ feet in the air.

Thanks once again for the 2nd year at kite Xpo
David Sabilino

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Tue May 23, 2006 4:22 pm

Speeding 80 MPH with jumps in excess of 40 feet would make buggy riders WAY crazyer then ANY water kiter!!!!
I never heard of stuff like that being possable using buggies, where can I see some of the footage???
L.M.G.

Kawika
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kawika » Wed May 24, 2006 10:35 am

Ah, the Spring Break Buggy Blast. Greg, you might want to start here:

http://www.nabx.net/

cheers,

David