Good news for 3rd Ave kiters

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
spork
Contributor
Contributor
Good news for 3rd Ave kiters

Post by spork » Wed May 17, 2006 8:34 am

Two news items:

Anyone that's been to 3rd Ave lately knows we lost a lot of parking along the side of the driving range while the new poles took up residence there. Today the crews were out working on the nets. This it great news for two reasons. First, I expect we'll get our parking back soon. Second, I expect we'll stop being targets for people at the driving range. More good news... it appears they're doing the work from the golf course property. As near as I can tell so far, we may not lose any more parking during the raising of the nets. This was a long time coming. I think we all owe the SFBA a big thanks for all the effort they've put into this over the years. I know Peter Thorner has been very active in this effort.

On another note... have you ever ended up at the north launch to find a fin or footstrap loose? You probably asked everyone up there if they had a screwdriver before trying to use a shell or other scrap to fix your gear. Now all that's changed. Thanks to Chris Moore for putting a couple of screwdrivers (regular and phillips) at the upper launch, cabled to concrete deck pier-blocks. You can find them toward the north-east corner of the upper launch. And thanks again to SFBA for paying for these tools.

3rd ave has just become a little more civilized : )

Next... the spa install.

Rick Cavallaro

P.S. If you're not already a member of SFBA, you should really consider it. It's about the best $20 investment you can make in kiting or windsurfing. As a reminder we also have them to thank for the rinse water, safety signs...

knyfe
Resident
Resident

Post by knyfe » Wed May 17, 2006 9:08 am

YES, big thanks to the faboulus SFBA!!!

But civilized is something differnt, especially at the upper lauch. We need to make sure that everone understands the rules. No selflaunch, sepecially not on a packed day like yesterday with wonderful +20kts wind. Dont even try it. Just ask and everyone helps you for sure!

Then the other thing is that you should drag out first until you are far way out to get on the board. Yesterday 3 people in the row messed up right in front of the water way! Thats not good for you and especially for your kite!!! Rocks eat kites.

THen another thing which is really helpful for your health! Dont use a board leach especially not in combination without a helmet! Put it on your programm to drag upwind without a board. Its so easy and effective. It never takes me longer than 30 seconds to get back to my board, even if I mess a loop. Just practise it and you will realize how easy it is.

LETS HAVE MORE FUN DAYZ LIKE YESTERDAY ! G