What are you working on next?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
zgur
Resident
Resident
lively topic - like it

Post by zgur » Thu May 11, 2006 9:34 am

Kevin - I am an expert at nothing, I am the never ending beginner...always have many things to learn......I helped my wife learn this move, having helped her navigate the process of learning, I thought I'd share that with Dewey.

BTW - your objective is admirable, and it's working. Thank you.

Get some, Z.

PS - how long before you are back in action? How is the shoulder healing? How did you hurt it....

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Thu May 11, 2006 10:07 am

Z,
Last year your the one that got me doing more than just big airs. You talked me into expanding. I just need to get on the water more.
Dewey

consumer
Regular
Regular

Re: lively topic - like it

Post by consumer » Thu May 11, 2006 12:09 pm

zgur wrote:Kevin - I am an expert at nothing, I am the never ending beginner...always have many things to learn......I helped my wife learn this move, having helped her navigate the process of learning, I thought I'd share that with Dewey.

BTW - your objective is admirable, and it's working. Thank you.

Get some, Z.

PS - how long before you are back in action? How is the shoulder healing? How did you hurt it....
haha Z i hope you didn't take any sort of offense to that comment i made, i thought it was more for hilarity than for anything else. I just notice that everyone has their way of teaching the backroll and i love hearing about it, its one of those "how to"s i never get tired hearing about because it differs so much.

Yea lets hope this summer is awesome for all of us. it's already looking good. About my kiting. I feel ready man, but school and the prof's are really bummin me. Saturday i have 2 finals(my only two) so i'm done after that. but i have all this other residual work that needs to be handled and won't be done until next thursday.

theres no way i'm letting it go beyond friday though cuz i'm headin to Pismo for the Expo. then i should be free.... lets hope so.

I hurt it a WHILE back attempting an L3 in HMB harbor. as i was passing the bar i just felt my left arm sting, and then lose most of my strength. since then it hasn't been up to par, but i've been letting it heal and strengthening it, so i'm hoping....

see you guys on the water soon.

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Fri May 12, 2006 6:24 am

dewey
ollie got me to keep the kite low at 45? ..powerd
and just park it.
and whip that thing around..no wonder my ribs hurt.
and 10m hIr... ...take your hands off the bar !
charlie

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Fri May 12, 2006 9:52 am

charlie wrote:dewey
ollie got me to keep the kite low at 45? ..powerd
and just park it.
and whip that thing around..no wonder my ribs hurt.
and 10m hIr... ...take your hands off the bar !
I see guys doing them without the hands on the bar, but...... I must say that it was much easier with the Outrages, both with the kite parked, and sent. I don't think I've parked it as low as 45 degrees. Maybe a bit higher unless I see a bit of chop to ramp off. I need to work on the transitions.
Dewey

consumer
Regular
Regular

Post by consumer » Fri May 12, 2006 10:06 am

hey man if you want my advice the number one thing i learned from the pros was definitely don't be afraid to drop your kite, at first i thought they meant dont be afraid to drop it from time to time. Then i saw pros like Maricio, Coon, and Stav, just constantly trying stuff and crashing their stuff. Like attempt after attempt after attempt. I realized that the movies i saw where they are busting this stuff left and right doesnt tell even 1/10th the story.

It was an eye opener, i realized that yea, there really isn't anything wrong with that, and i had no idea why i didnt take advantage of just going for it whenever i could.

my 2 cents(first time i used that phrase.

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Fri May 12, 2006 11:01 am

That's it, I'm dumping my kit TODAY!
Go bigga'

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Fri May 12, 2006 11:32 am

ya bang n off chop,
and i like it, whan after i crash ..
the kites still in the air, to pull me on up.
dave
if i see you drop n your kite, iam come over to jump ya.
charlie

JasonM
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JasonM » Fri May 12, 2006 12:15 pm

dropping the kite is fun. then you get to pull it back and get dragged a bit. it only sucks if you loose your board and it takes you a while to re-launch. then some really cool windsurfer can grab your board and bring it to you.

panzerfaust
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by panzerfaust » Fri May 12, 2006 12:36 pm

I think the worst is when you loose your board and it ends up in front of you and you can see yourself coming right at it.