Sliders

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
homegrown
Contributor
Contributor
Sliders

Post by homegrown » Fri May 05, 2006 7:38 am

Ok so riding Sherman on Wed. for the first time this year made me realize how sick it would be if we can get some sliders out there. The Best team was there, or atleast 2 guys including Clinton and they were super amped on the spot. I got some good ideas from them about building them and where we could put them. I think they would def. need to be floatable since the water level does change so much. That way we could always put them away when we are done with them. Maybe hide them up on the island in the tules or something. This is what they do at real with their whole slider park. As far as I know there are no rules against doing this so anyone who wants to make it happen let me know.

Yoda
Resident
Resident

Post by Yoda » Fri May 05, 2006 11:19 am

Be Carefull!!! I do a form of skimboarding called freestlye/flatland skimboarding www.inlandskim.com. It's much like street skateboarding... we build rails, sliders, and boxes for jibbin' on. The state rangers are not keen on the rails as they can pose a liability. When we stashed the sliders in the trees (thinking out-of-site/out-of-mind) the rangers would still confiscate anything we hid... somehow they allways found them. They have a serious issue with sliders and anything you can hurt yourself on. I would give it a shot and see what happens. Just make sure you build it strong, stable, and make sure there are NO sharpe edges to cut/gash yourself on (this is all from experience). You might paint it to blend in with the surroundings. Cheers

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Fri May 05, 2006 12:42 pm

Look into it. The guys at Real have all their sliders/kickers registered with the state parks as Duck Blinds. See what the regulations are. I know there is pheasant hunting in the delta and that there are already some blinds built up in the canals. Do some research and see what you can discover without raising any red flags.

GB
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

Barney

Post by Barney » Fri May 05, 2006 6:00 pm

I think that a slider or kicker would be sick! :supz:

I have an idea that we could put a windsurfing board with pvc piping in to it and put it up on the tulies. Imagen heading in on port tack ready to hit the tulies and the mini beach to your left. Well right at the begining of the beach there is a steep slant of sand where we could put the windsurfing board. We could use it as a kicker and do a fatty handlepasse over part of the island. :shock: .I would be willing to make it with my dads old windsurfing board, but it wouldn't belong to me. I am hoping we will get something.

Alex

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Fri May 05, 2006 11:02 pm

Barney,
I bet Best Kiteboarding would like to help you out with that SICK slider!!
L.M.G.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Sat May 06, 2006 6:36 am

To all shop owners stock more boards!!!
Dewey

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sat May 06, 2006 10:24 am

Dewey,
Dont worrie about that, all the old boards will get eat'n first, by then all the riders will be cured of the new obsession.... either that or they (riders) broke first....
Either way I expect this thang will work itsself out pretty quikly,
Greg

Barney

Post by Barney » Sat May 06, 2006 10:40 am

Greg, do you know how longe the best crew is going to be in town? Because I think that they would like a piece of entertainment. We can probabally work something out. I should talk to indian bob so I don't get sued.

Alex

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Sat May 06, 2006 10:46 am

Barney wrote:Greg, do you know how longe the best crew is going to be in town? Because I think that they would like a piece of entertainment. We can probabally work something out. I should talk to indian bob so I don't get sued.

Alex
Alex, they'll be here until Tuesday. Demos at Sherman today and tomorrow morning and then tomorrow afternoon at 3rd. Monday at Crissy.

Check out the link to the calendar to see when they'll be back
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...