The scene at the deltaÖ..(Sherman island)..

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:36 am

Ollie when will youu be out at Sherman???
Dewey

gwen
Joey
Joey

Post by gwen » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:36 pm

"Scene" not "seen"...."Handle" not "handel". Oy.

That's neato.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:50 am

Gee, that's great you don't have to "send it for the crowd!" Such a humble guy! I love classical music too...would never pass on Handel's Water Music Suite no 1 in F Major. Keep it real, Man!!

the northcountry

thanks

Post by the northcountry » Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:14 am

Well I was sentenced to 12 years of catholic school ,this is my only reason that I can come up with for my spelling mistakes, phonics was pushed on us heavily.. Well I spent a week camping at Sherman and kited every day and yep I wish I had a 14Ö. I am so glad I brought my 7 Ösure beets talking smackÖ. as for the scene, wow you guys got it good, well the launch is intimidating at first glance but I did get somewhat comfortable looking at the thorns of the berry bushes, as for the vibe I caughtÖyour all pretty dam friendly , looking out for each others safty, and there is lots of space once off shore, that was a great part of my experience. I did see some sick riding on a Monday & Tuesday and I though to myself man this local crew is the bomb, these guys & girls rip like pro level shit. Ö.later I found out it was a bunch of rock stars passing through after the king of the bay ,Ö man what a treat to see Handel Pass Water Music Suite no 1 in F Major (Ya all might think Iím a kook ) but I come form a kitesurfing vacuum, I got one bro to ride with on the whole eastern shore of the Great Lake OntarioÖ.yep 17 miles of sand beachÖwith slicks, waves, and the like and not a sole out, if my bro cant go its just meÖ.. Now ya know why I donít have to ìsend it for the crowdsî there are none, just a few seagulls and the like ìkeeping it real.î

I Just wanted to thank ya all for your hospitality and inspiration, Fly safe!

The Northcountry

Ps I was unsure of the pecking order of launching, rarely do I fly in such tight quarters, maybe a number system like at the deli might help the uninformed on crowded days.

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:12 pm

Yeah, and the beautiful girl at the deli counter ALWAYS calls my number!

Sixty-nine, number sixty-nine?
Go bigga'

Ollie

Re: The scene at the deltaÖ..(Sherman island)..

Post by Ollie » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:48 am

the northcountry wrote:How zit?? Iím a int/adv safety minded rider, That doesnít need to send it for the crowd. Iím planning on camping out for a few days and ride some wind? My question is what is the seen like???... .lots of egos?? bros pushing it Handel pass shit or a bunch of old windsurf converts donking along? ??? Is the camping area ok? Any night life close? What is a busy weekday like (20-30 kites?) Weekend? Is their a good downwinder that you can put your thumb out for a ride back up to the launching area?
Friendly? Agro?

Thanks for any insight!

East coast fresh water wind hound
It's small world! Mike is the name of this guy who was gathering all the info for Sherman this last summer and he's from upstate New York. He's here at the moment in CR. Coincidence, huh? I overheard him mention Sherman and started talking with him and found out that he was the one posting all the Sherman questions.

I'm looking forward to kiting with him today, and luckily for him, it's not so crowded here and he probably won't need to do handlepasses and "send it for the crowd'! =D>