Newbie Seeking Learning DVD's

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Rascal
Contributor
Contributor
Newbie Seeking Learning DVD's

Post by Rascal » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:28 am

Merry Band:

I am a kitesurfing newbie and am taking lessons through one of the schools in the bay. At the moment, I am in the trainer kite phase, working on basic kite skills.

I have been literally blown away by how friendly and approachable the bay area kitesurfing community seems to be, and am looking forward to interacting with many of you.

I am also looking to purchase instructional DVD's to help me through the basics. I'm told that Boost is good, but am interested in reviewing others.

If you have any of these DVDs to sell, I would be interested in buying them. Thank you.

Rascal

P.S. I did try to post a classified Ad, but there is a bug in step 2 of the process that prevented that so am posting in this forum instead.

scatmandu
Contributor
Contributor

Post by scatmandu » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:50 am

Hey Rascal,
I'm at about the same phase as you and I have really liked the Boost II DVD. I also downloaded a sample of the Real Zero to Hero DVD and it looks pretty good, as well. Good luck
Scat

mayhem
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by mayhem » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:55 am

Hello Rascal, for the next two days you can watch PROGRESSION:BEGINNER DVD for free, this DVD rocks!!

http://www.fatsand.com/webtv/

Enjoy,
Mayhem

Rascal
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rascal » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:25 am

Thanks Mayhem, I checked this out and it was most helpfull.

Additionally, I found some beginner DVD's that were reasonably priced that I have now purchased. Zero to Hero, Boost, and one or two others.

Once I am finished with these, I would be happy to lend them to you Scat.

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:28 pm

I had the opportunity to watch almost all the DVDs this year.

My recommendations are:
Real Zero to hero and series 2 (can't remember name but very good) call them or visit www.realkiteboarding.com

Also Progression was good.

If you want a good vibe video that is not instructional but also timeless, check out WindReels Vol. 1 it can be downloaded for 2.99 at www.totalvid.com and it can be purchased there as well.
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

KeenanD
Joey
Joey

Post by KeenanD » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:12 pm

I am trying to refresh myself with kiteboarding - took some lessons last fall then bought gear but then got shipped out of town until this year. I figure a few videos would definetly before taking another lesson.

I subscribed to totalvid.com to download the videos - but it seems that there is a problem with their website because I keep on getting errors. When was the last time you were able to download a video from the site.

Is there any other similar websites that may be more dependable.

Thanks.

Kawika
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kawika » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:07 pm

I bought "The Complete Kiteboarding Guide" from www.kitefilm.com (Norway, I believe), and I think it's a pretty good video. It runs through a broad range of beginner through some more advanced moves. I think that if you combine this video with lessons, you will have a powerful combination.

And since Gabe piped in about "Windreels, Volume 1", let me add my two cents. I bought that last year and have watched it many times. Since then, I've seen several other popular and well-reviewed DVDs, but watching the others gives me an enhanced appreciation for the work that went into "Windreels, Volume 1." It's really a terrific DVD all around, with great camera work, a terrific soundtrack (now featured on my iPod), and really great sequencing and combining the visuals with the music. It's an absolutely first-rate kiteboarding video. No instructional material, but it's a real treat for the eyes and ears. =D>

andyandmarlys
Regular
Regular

Post by andyandmarlys » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:23 am

Wy not make a new instructional video? I'd be interested in putting a basics of a flat kite video together.... Do you still have all the gear you used to make WindReels?
KillaHz wrote:I had the opportunity to watch almost all the DVDs this year.

My recommendations are:
Real Zero to hero and series 2 (can't remember name but very good) call them or visit www.realkiteboarding.com

Also Progression was good.

If you want a good vibe video that is not instructional but also timeless, check out WindReels Vol. 1 it can be downloaded for 2.99 at www.totalvid.com and it can be purchased there as well.

Kawika
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kawika » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:17 am

I volunteer to do the "Beginner" section! :)

cheers,

David

mayhem
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by mayhem » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:32 pm

That's a great idea, I've thought about making a flat kite DVD too! I have expertise in everything from videography, video editing, video authoring, and video production. Send me a personal E-mail if you are being serious. :) I too can volunteer the beginner and wipeout section, that's my expertise :)