Pump up your leading edge H A R D!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
moblvet
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by moblvet » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:55 pm

great week, huh!
My battery operated CSI turbo pump ran out of juice while pumping the Leading Edge of my 16 crossbow. I know I'm a wimp...
I always, as recommended by my Cabrinha dealer, pump my struts to 8.3 psi and LE to 9.5 psi.
So the LE seemed close enough to 9.5, I thought, first backroll off a good sized wave, kite inverted in the air. First time ever an inversion for me in last 8 mos in the air on a crossbow, (on the water in waves a different issue).
For me, for a Cabrinha XB, in the air inversion is all about insufficient LE air pressure, among other items like losing the crispness in the turns, jumps, etc.

bhsu24
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by bhsu24 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:53 am

windhorny wrote:... I still go by touch. If the kite is firmer than my butt cheeks, it's too hard :) So if you see me pumping my kite and I keep reaching back to grab my own ass, thats what I am doing.
So will your ass be available for those who need help pumping up their kites to the proper pressure!!!

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:01 am

I'll have to think about that one. O.k. I have decided-NO. but if you find a cute girl she can come grab it for you and describe it instead :)