(Not Actually) lost kiter on Friday at Alameda

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
downwind
Contributor
Contributor
(Not Actually) lost kiter on Friday at Alameda

Post by downwind » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:44 pm

Yes that was me that generated a full on search for a lost kiter on Friday. Sorry, I just went down wind to look for a lost board (which, b.t.w. was found and returned the next morning) and when I showed up at the shack my stuff was gone. It was looking like a pretty grim day for me having lost a board, my smaller kite, my kite bag with my keys in it, etc., but when I dialed up the cell phone there was already a message from the shop saying they had my stuff and they were getting ready to start searching for me. Wow, I'm new to the sport and in rock climbing a party isn't even late until they are at least 6 hrs. overdue. Next time I'll make sure I tell someone what I'm doing, but let me just say thanks, I'm certianly feeling the love, and I'm sorry if anybody missed out on any post session beer drinking.

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:43 pm

Difference is rock climbers dont genrally drown...
When I rolled up at the end of the day (half hour after sunset) you were no where to be found. I looked around, called Jeff, gave him your lic plate number etc... We didnt want to call the Coast Guard out for a search untell we combed the intire beach. Luckly for us you showed up so we still got to dinner on time....
Enjoy the love my friend, AND welcome to kite boarding,
L.M.G. \:D/

~emily.
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ~emily. » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:40 pm

No appologies or thanks necessary... we're all just "paying it forward" as they say.

=D> Super stoked to hear that you got your board back!! (Everyone should have their name & number on their board like you did!) and sorry you thought someone swiped the rest of your gear!

cheers!
~e.

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:48 pm

Who knows where my board would end up if lost with the windhorny logo on it. I might start with the lost and found at a sex addicts annonymous meeting. :)