Fuel vs. Turbodiesel

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!

Should i buy 13 and 17 fuel or 12 and 16 turbodiesels?

Fuels
17%
Turbodiesels
83%

Total votes: 6

MG
Contributor
Contributor
Fuel vs. Turbodiesel

Post by MG » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:57 am

Hi,

Iím a strong kiter trying to decide between fuel and turbo-diesel ñ Iím kiting in so Cal, so the turbo-diesel wind range (8-16 knots for 16) really appeals to me, but am concerned/confused by slinghshot's marketing of turbodiesel as a beginner/ school kite. would appreciate advice on what Iím really sacrificing by buying turbodiesel and on the general trade-off b/w it and fuel as well as any differences b/w turbodiesl and other bow kites (crossbow, shockwave...)

Thx

Mike

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:50 pm

The range is always more than what they list too. The TD is a great kite, I think they have some things to iron out before it is perfect. The one pump alone is worth it! It isnt as stable a kite as some other bows but it makes up for it in speed,looks, mild bar pressure and the bar is nice. I had a xbow before and I would say it was a more solid kite but the bar pressure was insane and it didnt have the one pump. So basically if you know what you are doing and want a one kite quiver, this is it. 2 boards 1 kite.

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:50 pm

Keep in mind that just because it says school or beginner kite does not make it a bad kite nor does it mean you need to upgrade it. It is just to make sure newer people start with the right kite because they are more inclined to stay with the sport. I started with a high performace and it took a long time to learn to kite.

andyandmarlys
Regular
Regular

Post by andyandmarlys » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:27 pm

Marketing is just marketing. I ride the TD and don't consider myself a beginner. For me, the TD is exactly what I am looking for... For you, I suggest trying both if you can and then deciding. To answer your question, the TD has definately not held me back

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:54 pm

Come on Andy, you could have been doing at least 40 mph if you had been flying a Fuel on your speed kiting odyssey instead of the TD. :mrgreen:
Paul