06 Vegas + Turbo Diesel 12m Demo today in Alameda if windy

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
andyandmarlys
Regular
Regular
06 Vegas + Turbo Diesel 12m Demo today in Alameda if windy

Post by andyandmarlys » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:06 pm

I will post more info if it all comes together..... Wind is the only thing I'm waiting for...

Andy of kitewindsurf

andyandmarlys
Regular
Regular

Post by andyandmarlys » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:09 pm

Forgot to mention that Oakland Airport is predicting 14mph from the NW... will have the glide handy...

knyfe
Resident
Resident

Post by knyfe » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:27 pm

Ill try my luck at 3rd today, .. Have fun with your new toys, G

VanSimms
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by VanSimms » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:09 pm

I dont think its looking to good today. Too bad I am ready to hit it.
If in doubt, do it.

andyandmarlys
Regular
Regular

Post by andyandmarlys » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:19 pm

There is a little breeze starting up in Alameda... Just hoping it picks up to the 14mph

Big Al
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Big Al » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:34 pm

Hey Andy, what measuring stick are using for your 14mph threshold? If the ikitesurf sensor is reading 14mph, then it's usually blowing 18-20mph on the beach.

Do you have another sensor that you look at?

andyandmarlys
Regular
Regular

Post by andyandmarlys » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:11 pm

Oakland Airport Sensor... But I think the wind decided to stay away today... Lots of glass on the bay right now

Hana
Regular
Regular

Post by Hana » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:10 am

So I tried TurboDiesel 8m on Tues, and overall this kite is a great one! Andy already wrote a great review on it, I know I didn't read his review before I tried it because I didn't want to get senticized by what other people thought. What I found really is, how much range this kite has. I weigh about 120-125lb (forgive me not too specific) and used North Jaime 123cm board. It was probably averaging less than 10mph wind, and I was underpowered most of the time, but still had good power. Yes, I was on 8m. Bar pressure--didn't care at all. It's just natural. I loved the simplicity of the bar/line set up, especially the stopper ball, easy to adjust while riding, and no need for customizing for shorter arms like mine. It's so forgiving kite with a wide range. Turning speed is quick but not surprisingly fast, very stable, great response. Unfortunately, it was really light wind, but funny thing was I never felt like it was a light wind day. It was so much fun to ride this kite. I really loved this kite. I definitely want to try it in higher winds and see how much depower this kite can bring. But I know for sure, if I have this kite, I can even go out with 8m when it's really light wind. Now I feel like it's such a bummer so many great kites are out on a market and want newer kite than 05 model. My North Vegas is alreay getting old... I'd still try 06 Vegas but TurboDiesel is a great kite, and very forgiving, comfortable to ride, so much fun! I want to spend more time on this 8m but since it is a demo, I'll return it to Andy soon, but if anyone interested in bow kites, I strongly recommend trying this kite and feel how much fun this kite can bring, really.

Thanks Andy!