Say good bye to the Rap2's

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
knyfe
Resident
Resident

Post by knyfe » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:13 pm

So what was the problem? I just can guess between the lines... Good that I got my Rap2 delivered yesterday ...

Lets hope for wind and even better products out of Bills hand, G

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:37 pm

Will,

Is it simply a matter of "JC" not paying the factory?
Go bigga'

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:38 pm

Will,

Go bigga'

wilzone
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wilzone » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:52 pm

fearlu wrote:Will,
That's not really for me to say, but I will say that I've seen a lot of money squandered and poor decisions made, both before and after I left the company. I believe that the reason I was laid off 8 months ago is because I became openly critical of what I saw as one waste of money after another with no budget planning, no marketing strategy, and not enough money going towards paying down the debt with the factory. I can only guess what happened after I left, but it looks pretty obvious to me.

I could easily sit here and gloat and say "I told you so" over and over, but the real story is that some really good people got totally screwed by this. It's actually very sad, but it's about time the current WW management came clean with their customers. They claim to have "stopped production" but in reality there has been no production for several months, and Bill has not been with the company for some time now (none of this is his fault in my opinion, btw, just the opposite -- he did everything he could and more).

I continue to support Windwing and some of the people involved with the company, but not the current management, whom I feel is completely responsible for this debacle. I am still hopeful that the company can be re-organized under new ownership and/or management, and that the Bird will rise again. As it stands today, however, I'm not very optimistic about WW's future.

w