Great deals on Craigslist

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:29 pm

Welcome, Obie.

At 165 and kiting at Sherman, you're going to spend more time on a 10M than a 12. At least I did this past year, and I weigh 175.

But you should still buy Dewey's Outrage 12, because it's a great kite and you will need a 12, too.

BTW, kiting at Sherman is not like kiting at a beach in Australia, or a beach anywhere for that matter. The "beach" is tiny and there is no room for error when launching. If you end up doing a downwinder, you are in very dangerous territory, especially if you don't have a buddy and haven't scouted out landing locations. No joke.

If you've only had a week or less of kiting, you should really think about taking a lesson at Sherman before trying to kite there. Or at least pay someone to take you upwind on a boat. Read about the launch on the "locations" section of this site, and hang out on a busy day and watch everyone else before you try to set up and launch.
Paul

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:07 pm

Paul,

I didn't want to sell him the outrage. It's not too beginner friendly. I do love that kite, but it can be a handful to a newbie. I did sell Obie several other kites. I think that he'll be set for most winds with his quiver.
Dewey

obie
Joey
Joey

Post by obie » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:42 pm

Paul - thanks for the heads up, I've caught the drift that sherman is not a kook friendly spot. I promised Dewey I would only go to Alameda and jet ski up the dleta until I am stomping mobes and kiteloops on both tacks. Only then, and only armed with 3 cases of cold beer, will I venture into the tule weeds - seeking acceptance :) :) :) :)

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:06 am

Looks like Dewey was doing some off-forum schooling...
Paul