Hi from La Ventana

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
LionKite
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by LionKite » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:52 pm

Um, there were a couple of chilly days, but it was still warm, and trust me, he missed out on nothing. I was there and there's no comparison, I'll take a January day in LaV. lit on a 10 over any day at OB... it was very good.[/quote]

No comparison???
Last time I cheked they weren`t getting overhead sets in la Ventana but it might have changed...(please don`t mention wind swell as we both know they are no real waves)
If it is only for the temperature that you `ll take a session in LV on any session at OB, Then I`ll stick to the cold water with the real waves (which were perfect on Saturday)
If it was for the flat water , I heard LV is actually pretty choppy so I assume it is for the atmosphere (which rocks!!!) that you made this statement.

I `m glad you had fun down there but we had fun too ...

PS: I personally would take 1 hour in the waves(cold or not) over 3 hours of flat water(warm or not) on any given day...(this is a personnal choice obviously)

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:09 pm

Well, you do have some points there, waves are waves, no arguing with that. It sure hit the spot to have 5 out of 7 days in warm Baja with strong winds and nothing to do but sleep in, make breakfast, kite, eat lunch, kite and drink beer and do it all again the next day! =D>

f1lynn
Joey
Joey

Post by f1lynn » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:28 pm

Sounds like you had a lot of fun down in LaV!!!

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:13 pm

Sounds like the Lion needs a good dose of warm water doing a 6-mile downwinder in giant-swells from the Hot Springs to Joe's! He heard it's choppy there... :wink:
Go bigga'

LionKite
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by LionKite » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:54 pm

fearlu wrote:Sounds like the Lion needs a good dose of warm water doing a 6-mile downwinder in giant-swells from the Hot Springs to Joe's! He heard it's choppy there... :wink:
Actually I just got back and it was awsome, 6 out of 6 days kiting with 2 light wind days
We kitted La Bouffa Dorra and that fat island across and did some downwinders(from the hot spring)

Now that I have been there I will definetly back that again: it is choppy!!!
It is really far from ridding butter!

We did find this beach behind this sandy point on the island but you need a boat.

There are some nice roller but I woulndn`t call them giant-swells.

Anyway I loved the place, the food and the warmth...
Can`t wait to try San Carlos in April.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:17 pm

Well someone sure changed their tune!

Right on! :)

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:07 pm

One other comment: I was kiting really far outside for the truly big swell. The only three places I've seen bigger are at Kite Beach (Maui), Waddell Creek and the Oregon Coast. It really is huge if you're willing to risk the trip to the far outside!

Not trying to argue, just inspire!
Go bigga'