Looking for a new vest

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
VanSimms
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by VanSimms » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:38 am

sounds good, the only reason I really like this vest is for using it with a waist harness, It doesn't ride up. but the nevin is perfect for a seat.
If in doubt, do it.

marin
Contributor
Contributor

Post by marin » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:56 pm

dewey wrote:The North vest is out of stock now. I think I'm going to go with the nevin wake vest. I found last year that the waist harness I have would hurt after a couple hours in the water. I just bought some dakine nitros shorts.
Dewey,
did you end up getting the nevin vest? I am really interested in finding something with good protection and flotation.

zgur
Resident
Resident

North Impact Vest

Post by zgur » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:44 pm

I have a size large, 2006 North impact vest for sale. Never used - one size too small for me (Ordered XL, but size L was sent by mistake).

If interested, send me an email at zeevgur123@yahoo.com.

Good winds, Z.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:30 pm

marin wrote:
dewey wrote:The North vest is out of stock now. I think I'm going to go with the nevin wake vest. I found last year that the waist harness I have would hurt after a couple hours in the water. I just bought some dakine nitros shorts.
Dewey,
did you end up getting the nevin vest? I am really interested in finding something with good protection and flotation.
Yep I got it and I love it. It's soft, floty,side entry, looks and fits good.

Dewey
Dewey

marin
Contributor
Contributor

Post by marin » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:20 am

Dewey,
sounds great. Did you get the Swat CGA model?
How would you compare the front/back and side protection to some of the non CGA impact vests (north, cabrinha, ...)? I love the idea of have both float and impact protection.
-marin

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:44 am

I haven't seen the north vest yet. The cabrina has the side mesh to distribute impact. The nevin has pads on the front and back to channel impact, but not much on the sides other than thin padding. I've seen a few dinnerent impact vests that just seem to be padding. I think that the nevin is way better than these, and if something really bad happens out there you'll still be floating. The nevin is the thinest CGA vest I could find out there. Buywake.com is also a good resource. I got my vest in little over a week.
Dewey