Looking for a new vest

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
kitekarl
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kitekarl » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:53 pm

SWAT's a good name for it Dewey, it looks like a flak jacket. You can take it out during hunting season!

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:15 pm

I've never been hunting. What's a flak jacket? They have vest called flak jackets.
Dewey

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:31 pm

Jackets to protect against shrapnel and stuff...

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:33 pm

Just in case you trip a claymore when walking through the ho chi minh trail.

VanSimms
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by VanSimms » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:15 pm

Hey dewey
I just bought a North impact vest from catch some air kiteboarding in south Carolina (I ordered it online) I love this thing I cain't tell you how comfortable it is. (Its also really thin were you dont need protection) It has pretty good float and tons of rib, chest and shoulder protection. If you use either a waist (great for people like me that use a waist harness) or a seat harness it will work for you.
With the waist harness, it clips around the harness and use's the waist harness instead of hard buckles.
It would aso work for a seat.
The great thing about this vest though is that it doesn't have buckles on it so it's really comforatable and it won't impale you on impact.

If you have more questions PM me and If you won't to try it on I'll be at Alameda if its windy.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:27 am

jjm wrote:Jackets to protect against shrapnel and stuff...
Who knows maybe I'll kite in the bay area more this year. Can never be to careful.
Dewey

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:28 am

VanSimms wrote:Hey dewey
I just bought a North impact vest from catch some air kiteboarding in south Carolina (I ordered it online) I love this thing I cain't tell you how comfortable it is. (Its also really thin were you dont need protection) It has pretty good float and tons of rib, chest and shoulder protection. If you use either a waist (great for people like me that use a waist harness) or a seat harness it will work for you.
With the waist harness, it clips around the harness and use's the waist harness instead of hard buckles.
It would aso work for a seat.
The great thing about this vest though is that it doesn't have buckles on it so it's really comforatable and it won't impale you on impact.

If you have more questions PM me and If you won't to try it on I'll be at Alameda if its windy.
Thanks I'll look it up online
Dewey

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:27 pm

sounds good, it took me forever to track down a vest that would work with my waist harness.

VanSimms
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by VanSimms » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:29 pm

sorry, that was me.
If in doubt, do it.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:55 am

The North vest is out of stock now. I think I'm going to go with the nevin wake vest. I found last year that the waist harness I have would hurt after a couple hours in the water. I just bought some dakine nitros shorts.
Dewey