Globerider Sonic's??

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
BrokenDC10
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by BrokenDC10 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:42 am

I just talked to Lightwave Dave and he said there are demo 14m in La Ventana. I'll be in Barilles for a week. I'm sure the guys are going to want to kite up at Ventana at least one of the days, so I will do what I can to get on a 14m. I'll let you know. I'd love to have a 2 kite quiver (Sonic will be in an 8m too so I will have to try that one too).

Below is a post from the UK Kiteboarder forum talking about the range of the 11m and 14m Sonics:

By the way, I am in no way affiliated with Globerider Kites or anyone selling them - just really like the 11m that much...............

AJ
Kiteboarder Crew.

New postPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi ed, wind range stats are always subjective with so many factors to account for like sea states/water movement, wind density, rider ability and of course what is actualy classed as 'fun'.

If you are having fun from 16knots on the 11m then you should expect the 14m to fill in the gap from 10-16 as far as fun goes... it'll go in less but thats never 'fun' on any kite no matter what claims are made... and it'll handle more with ease but if you have the 11m then that comes out from 15k for sure.

@ davo... 8s are ready and could be with is in a couple of weeks or so Mr. Green