Alameda - New Years Day

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:35 pm

Ahhh the good ole' days!
SEEEEEEEeeeennnnnndddddiiinngggg.......

Limi
BTW: you big whoos Ollie, even I at forty years old managed to stay up later then you.....
(that was becouse the Tipsy Seagull bar was cranking Regga at 50,000db tell 3:00am) Tonight is going to be another major blow out, Bahama's own "Junkanoo" celibration. That will go tell around 6:00AM!

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:02 pm

Whass up Limi?!

Happy New Year to you and yours! Well, you know, last year I was not in good shape New Years Day, so I vowed to not repeat. Also, after a mellow dinner with friends in North Beach, I came home to find the power was still out after being knocked out at 5am, so it was candlepower and flashlights only. No parties here. In the EB hills we had the same of what many others had from the HUGE storm - downed trees and power lines, the roads were rivers, roads closed, etc.

For the scoop on todays session, check the blog... ;)

Fester
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Fester » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:54 pm

Hey, yeh, you shure took advantage of those gusts, hucking it and kite looping, you covered a lot of distance and air.

I found my board around the hook out on the break water just before the entrance to the small boat harber.

Finding it made my day.

I had a good session before you guys got there. First in the parking lot, first one on the water.

More wind to come.
:mrgreen:

Jeff

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:55 pm

That graph looks SICK. Just like you guys!
Go bigga'

knyfe
Resident
Resident

Post by knyfe » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:15 pm

Wow, you guys are nuts. Good that I stayed at home as some gusts nearly ripped off everything in our garden ... I'll wait for a nicer day to start into the season.

Olli, do you use the " total depower" bar ( which shortens the 5th line if you depower) for your RRD? If yes, how do you like it? I was thinking about it for my next year setup.

Puh, G

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:26 pm

Georg,

For the 2005 Type Wave, yes, the bar provides total depower and I like it plenty. For the Type 7, I've only used it with the stock Type 7 bar, not with the '06 Type Wave 2 bar Bob has mentioned, which provides the active 5th line sheeting via pulley.

FAT TURD

Post by FAT TURD » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:53 pm