Almeda round 2

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
round2
Almeda round 2

Post by round2 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:31 am

Looks like Alameda will be a good call before the rain tonight.

Was very good kiting Sunday afternoon.

Any onsite reports appreciated.

This morning? afternoon?

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:46 am

no wind yet
charlie

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:23 pm

No wind period. All day. Anywhere.

This storm was a dud.
Paul

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:47 pm

Was a forecast that just didn't materialize, did it? I think it hit 14 for all of 30 seconds and then stayed under 10 the rest of the day. We'll see what happens for the rest of the week...

frontal wind

wind

Post by frontal wind » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:08 pm

Te local news man actually said tonight that most of the wind will preceed this next storm comming in tommarrow.

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:12 pm

Yeah, like meteorologists know what the f%&$ they're talking about with these storms.

The coastal forecast for last night/this morning was gale force winds -- nothing even came close.
Paul

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:59 pm

Hey - maybe we should chill out on the NWS forecasters. Their job with the marine forecast is to prepare boaters for the conditions, not point kiters to the best place for wind. If you look at their marine forecasts this week, they've been pretty much right on target. The HMB & SF buoys have been consistently over 20mph all week. Even right now at 1pm on Weds., the HMB buoy is 18 and the SF buoy is reading 20.

Yeah it sucks that those conditions aren't making it all the way to the beaches and the bay. There has been kiteable wind all week, though. I rode Sun, Mon & Tues. You just need to be really flexible (Monday's session started at 415PM, Tues started at 7AM) and not afraid to burn some gas.

As for the TV weather guys -they definitely all suck. But if you're counting on them for planning your sessions, you're not using your computer to it's fullest potential!

Have fun & good luck finding wind -

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:28 pm

Flexible=unemployed?

You have to have all day, every day to sit around waiting for wind and THEN burn a bunch of gas to get to it.

I'm not bitching, just pointing out the obvious.

If I was willing/able to drive to .Tomales Bay right now, I could get in a full... hour of kiting in. If the wind lasted that long. :wink:
Paul