Switching gears for a while

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
pipedragon
Regular
Regular
Switching gears for a while

Post by pipedragon » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:27 pm

Just an FYI I have not stopped kiteboarding if anyone was interested(Probabaly not i'm sure!) I have just switched gears to snowboarding again.

It is cool because the stoke I once had for snowboarding is finnaly back. It is good to feel this stoked again to ride.

The other thing that is wierd is that I am tottaly focused on snowboarding and not kiting. I guess it is good to take a break from kiting once in a while, especially this time of year. Then you get so stoked on kiting again and the cycle starts over! I am also stoked to try kitesnowboarding. We are so lucky to live where we do so that we can do all these sports. Anyway I may still see you all out there in the next storm over at Alameda ridding too close to the beach, launching huge air and probabaly dropping my kite in front of Charlie again! Charlie you know whats up! But this weekend I will be in Tahoe for sure. Gotta get it out of my system. Hope all are well!! Have a good one! :)

clints
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by clints » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:58 pm

Same feeling here. Time to hit the slopes again specially with the new snow that we just got these past few days. Anyone interested in carpooling up there this weekend?

exsailor
Contributor
Contributor

Post by exsailor » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:28 pm

On the subject of tahoe/snowkiting... Anybody know if the Ozone demo is still happening next weekend at Kirkwood? I was worried that there wouldn't be enough snow, but mother nature has been generous this past week =D>

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:44 pm

I asked on the KiteForum thread, no response but Windzup said in another thread
Windzup @ Kiteforum.com wrote: The Ozone Snowkite Freeride tour is heading to Tahoe next week, and will be back in Tahoe/Mammoth throughout the winter.

.........More to follow.......

Windzup,
Brian
http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopi ... ht=mammoth

kitekarl
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kitekarl » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:58 pm

We're gonna head up to Kirkwood tomorrow and I've got room for 2 more if anyone wants to meet us here in Lodi. We got season passes so whomever comes with will get $15 off their day tickets. We'll probably head up there sometime during the week as well. Karl

elli
Resident
Resident

Post by elli » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:27 pm

Any information on next week? I cannot find anything useful. I am interested in going anyway, assuming there will be slow on the flat area (which are usually lower than the ski resorts if I remember).

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:20 am

Ryan,

Glad to see you surfaced, I was actually wondering if you still kited or what. But I know you're stoked to have a pad in Tahoe. I will vow to make it up to the snow this year, maybe we ca hook up on the slopes or meadows and you can teach me a thing or two as I know you'll have it going i=on there if you don't already.....

Cheers,
Ollie

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:52 am

funny to not see pipe at the beach the other day
charlie

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:28 pm

I just got back from Utah, three days at Snowbird and one at Skyline. I'm going to write about it in my blog, but all the pros were at Skyline getting ready for the Ozone event this weekend (which I missed cuz we were heading home by then.)

Brian from Ozone said that next weekend (Dec. 10&11th?) is going to be the Ozone event at Tahoe. It's supposed to be happening at Kirkwood on Saturday, but they may end up meeting there and going elsewhere. Sunday is still up in the air. I will post specifically on this to see if anyone is interested in carpooling.

Pipe, I have been really unpsyched about skiing after this season kiting, but the last three days in the Utah powder sure changed that. Snowkiting is fun, and I have lots to learn, but I'm having a hard time imagining it beating ripping downhilll through trees in three foot deep powder. Of course, Tahoe isn't Utah, but man, I am stoked on skiing again.