Baja UPDATE

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:31 am

Concerning the Caribbean:
So I've been hanging here on Abaco for almost two months now and heres my synopisos.
Wind cosistancy is NILL. Strong cold fronts are few and far between. Fronts that have come throught have been short duration and spun over the island farily breifly resulting in wind directions going around the clock. THe Nor-Easter cold front blasts seem to be held off the islands by high pressure even as Florida is getting hit by cold fronts resulting in local winds there.
By and large the kitable days have been few and then on the lighter side compaired to last year. The wind directions have been unfaverable many times here in Treasure Cay due to the south Tropical fronts.
L.M.G.

whitecap
Regular
Regular

Post by whitecap » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:38 am

Anonymous wrote:Hey Whitecap,
No, i was on a bright yellow caution 12 2006 with red struts and flames, red and blue 8 meter caution, underground flx 128 and caution redline 122 2006. The guy you are talking about is Jorge from La Paz, and you are right, he is a great great rider, really nice style, he was on an 06 green yellow white rhino 12 most of the time.
I saw some type sixes, and a black type 7 riding below bajajoe, pulling some nice tricks. As usual, glen a.k.a. "Fabio" was going huge on his ZH 10.
Best winds, and check out the north coast of yucatan during March-June it is windier than la ventana, and warm, www.marinasilcer.com. But the bay area is nuking at that time isn't it?
Andres Santacruz
OK - I got that dialed in. Correct about Fabio going huge on the ZH...that guy would send it so hard, I was always surprised that he was able to whip the kite back quick enough to butter his landing. Yeah, Jorge was the dude - lot's of stuff in his bag of tricks. I saw a yellow caution out as well, but not sure if you were still there when we arrived.

The type 7 below Baja Joe was Jerry, who is hanging for a few months. We were on the water from the 18th till 25th, mostly just upwind of Baja Joes...Jerry was also out getting around on a cat sailboat, powered by his type 7. That was pretty cool to watch, as he would sweep his kite hard while gybing, steering the boat with foot at the same time. I wanna go back!

Bob

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:42 am

An open note to Andres Santa Cruz: You are clearly not being truthful with us or yourself. Don't imply that I was endandering other riders when both incidents I mentioned involved jibing without looking back. It's a big playground out there and if I carry greater board-speed than you do, and catch up to you on a similar reach, it's still your responsibility to look around before you transition, right? I ride in very crowded conditions at home and your methods will not work here.

I did not coin the term "AeroMexico" and am sorry for the politically incorrect name your group has been given.

Just to confirm the events at Joe's, here's your quote: "I was happily riding really far out, far away from everyone, as I turned my kite, yours was right on top of mine, you had been following my line."

If you had checked before you jibed you would have seen me before sending your kite back, right? I am very clear on the rules of right-of-way and suggest you learn them as well for the safety of those around you. Sometimes you need to respect the rules of the road, your elders and standard safety guidelines in a sport like kitesurfing, wouldn't you agree? 'Nuf said.

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:50 pm

i got 2 cents worth .
check behind every time, befor you jibe
and the most inportent rule of the road
gross ton rule

he who is bigger has right away
charlie

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:46 pm

Charlie,
As always, clean and to the point!

I for one love ride'n in crowds.
Fools (not dissing newbies, just calling a spade a spade), crazys, pro's, ships, planes, rocks, bouys, what ever- simply makes riding all the more interesting in my opion... I like it when theres never a dull moment, keep'm comming!
L.M.G.

moblvet
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

bigger has right of way acc. to Charlie

Post by moblvet » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:25 pm

Weighed in with wetsuit, helmet, gloves, harness, booties at 252 lbs.
Anyone I have to look out for?

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:44 pm

Yup.

Yours truly at 260 bone-dry. You a friend of Andres? He's gonna' need a large friend. :axe:

(You must ride a 16 when everyone else is on their 12 too!)
Go bigga'

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:39 pm

dave when i read you were on a 13m
i know id be on the beach.
charlie

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:22 pm

Charlie, you riding tomorrow or Sunday?
Go bigga'

moblvet
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by moblvet » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:50 pm

Great, wondered if I would get slammed, 1st post got thank you from Charlie.
2nd, fearlou affiliates me with Andres, might know him, I'm around for awhile, then threat to Andres.
This is 3rd post, was trying to lighten subject, so many good threads deteriorate.
Might know fearlu, but people who know me would understand when I say, get neutered!
Happy new year, there is always wind new year's day.