stolen gear from Oakland

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Bumbed out
stolen gear from Oakland

Post by Bumbed out » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:19 pm

This morning I was suprised to find my truck, with all my kiting gear, stolen from my home. Tough way to start the day :evil: I guess it's part of living in an urban area....crap.

Please keep an eye out for someone selling:
* 2005 Vegas kites (12,10,7), my name on them
* 2006 R6 16m, black and blue
* Custom Amundson TT, Orange, my name on it
* Underground FLX, 122, last year's model (two diff footsraps)
* Underground wavetray 142, blue, my name on it.
* Custom amundson wave board, yellow, my name on it, has one fin box repaired, my name on it.
* Men's 4/3 wetsuit, quicksilver, my name on it
* womens 4/3 wetsuit, body glove
* Dakine impact vest
* Pro limit seat harness
* Killer long board skateboard, Sector 9, with a wave on the back of the deck
* Aranette sunglasses
* North face parka
* 2 Othovox M2 trancievers, with my name on them.

Oakland police department will be eager to get any leads. I would guess that the people who stole my truck will throw most of the gear away as they will have no idea what to do w/this.

Zeev.

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:39 pm

Zeev
iam sorry for your loss.
charlie

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:44 pm

Zeev,

Very unfortunate and naturally with me being not much more than a mile or two away, quite disconcerting as I've over the years started to feel like that couldn't happen around here. I'm sorry to hear it for sure.

Did the truck have any type of alarm system, factory installed or otherwise?

Ollie

vigilante posse

gear

Post by vigilante posse » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:14 pm

Zeev bummer, I suggest looking on craigslist and contacting all the shops,
boardsports, etc.

Is gear in a vehicle included in the car insurance?

Jeff

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:18 pm

Zeev, we will keep an eye out for your gear being listed anywhere!

Was it on the main drag or behind the house?

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:05 pm

I had something similar happen a few years ago, but to a much lesser extent. Car was stolen, and it had most of my snowboard clothing in the trunk.

I was surprised to find out that the items were NOT covered by car insurance. Anything not permanantly attached would be covered by home owners/renters insurance. Hope you're covered.

Sorry Zeev, I hope you can at least get your car recovered!

mbzporvida
Regular
Regular

Post by mbzporvida » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:29 pm

Zeev, Sorry that you were violated like that! I'm out for the season with a broken ankle so if you want you can use my '04 15 meter Fuel, '05 9 meter Fuel and '04 7 meter Fuel to get you by until you score new kites. Hope you find your stuff. Curt (925) 447.5934
Another trip around the sun ?

Big Al
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Big Al » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:54 pm

Bummer, sorry to hear that. I'd say you have a pretty good chance at getting your gear back though.

Go to the flea markets in Oakland off 880. Your gear probably won't be there this weekend, but in a few weeks, the thieves will think noboby's looking anymore and might try to sell it.

Also, last year Bill from the Cal Sailing Club at Berkeley Marina had his truck stolen (with all his windsurfing gear inside) in Berkeley. About 2 months afterwards, this girl shows up to Berkeley Marina with a truckload of windsurfing gear and says that it belongs to her ex-boyfriend's who she wants to get back at and is willing to sell all his gear for cheap. All the sailors there recognized the gear and called the cops and had her arrested and Bill got all of his gear back.

Good luck and hope you get your gear back.

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:17 pm

You're making me cry dude. (I just joined the NRA in a display of solidarity.) The only times I've been seriously ripped off were in Oakland, SF and Portland. It's an urban/numbers game unfortunately. Sorry to hear it of course. Sadly, those dickheads won't even appreciate the killer stuff they swiped. Full-circle KARMA to them.

Is it true you're buying a Toyota Prius to replace the F-series? Sorry, if we don't laugh we'll cry (again.) All that stuff was taken from your GARAGE, right? RIGHT? "Dear State Farm Insurance, a funny thing happened to my seven kites, new skis, four kiteboards, gold-plated Rolex and three mountain bikes..."
Go bigga'

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:27 pm

Z,

I have a surplus of kites at the moment as well and wouldn't want you to miss any sessions at this desperate time of year, so if you need to borrow some gear, just say so. Evan at Live2Kite may be able to help with related other-than-kites gear.

Ollie